Chord Epic Twin with B&W 683

SDIESEL77

May 25, 2009
Visit site
Hello all,

I own a pair of B&W 683 which I am very happy with. I will receive this week a pair of speaker cables Chord Epic Twin to replace my QED Anniversary XT bi-wire. (Can't wait to have them!!!
smiley-laughing.gif
).

As the Epic will not be bi-wired, I will have to use the B&W jumpers at the moment.

Knowing that my amplifier as only two speakers outputs, I was wondering if it would be any better if I do the following change in the future:

- Swap the B&W jumpers by Chord Signature jumpers?

- Remove the jumpers and get another pair of Chord Epic Twin cables to bi-wired the speakers?

A

Anonymous

I found a big improvement in treble when I replaced my 684 jumper bars with Oddy 2 jumpers, however when I purchased new biwire speaker cable I felt the sound was better balanced overall (the treble had been a little dominant previously). I think the ideal way forward would be to borrow 'demo' jumper cables and another 2 runs of Chord Epic from your nearest dealer and make a comparison between them with several different styles of music.

If you're anything like me you'll end up with a nice headache afterwards too!

A

Anonymous

I would personally remove the jumpers and replace it with some Chord Signature Bi-wire links (if Chord is the cable manufacturer of choice) which can be easily found on eBay for about £70 a pair; probably cheaper than an extra pair of Chord Epic Twin cables as well.

I must admit to having made the same move from the QED Anniversary XT to Chord Epic Twin on a pair of B&Ws in the past. You should hear quite an improvement.

Deliriumbassist

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I originally used Epic Twin and the bridging plates on my CM1s, and added the signature links about 2 months ago. I was quite happy with the Twin on it's own, but thought that, for the outlay, I may as well give the links a try. Was very impressed by the difference made. More detail without being harsh, and a bit more low end presence, which I wasn't really expecting. I had also tried biwiring with Supertwin, but felt the signature links helped out a lot more.

Best thing would be, as always, pop into your nearest dealer and give them a try. The guys at Chord are more than happy to send out demo cables to stores that don't have it for demo purposes.

Potts

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm running Epic with the Signature links to my 683's. Think it sounds fab.

I upgraded to the Epic from Chord Silverscreen, and the difference was massive I thought. With the Epic I didn't want to feel like I was loosing anything by keeping the original connectors so went for the Signatures.

Be patient with the Epic and Signature jumpers though, I felt they took a while to run in.

A

Anonymous

Will you people please stop spending so much money on speaker cables! Your wives could use that money to buy more clothes!!

Seriously though, Abbey Road Studios uses £2.50 per metre speaker cable with £18,500 (each) monitors, so I think most of you guys should be okay in that sort of price range.

A

Anonymous

Since when did a single B&W 800D cost £18,500?

They're not using the VanDamme cheapo cable anymore, I don't want to disclose what they're using, suffice to say it's about £100 a metre.

A

Anonymous

maybe that's per pair... I have several friends who work there, so I'll find out what they're using, but was told last year that they were using the Van Damme blue series 2.5mm

TRENDING THREADS