Chord Carnival SilverScreen Bi-Wire

lordmortlock

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Just taken delivery of a 5 metre pair.

ITS MASSIVE!

Casings more like a garden hose than speaker cable. If it sounds half as good as it is big I'm in for a treat.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
You can't say we didn't warn you - even the single-wire version's verdict reads:
  • AgainstChunky design, so it's harder to hide than some
We even made a video that shows how chubby it is. Great cable, though
emotion-2.gif

jc.com

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
lordmortlock:It had better sound good. Its so massive I'll have a job justifying its rightful place in the front room if not...

Got this around the time I got the CDP2/909 (ie 4-5 weeks now) SWMBO has either not noticed or decided not to ask......

jc.com

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
lordmortlock:Lol I suppose at least its a light colour - matches the carpets! How does it sound with the Quad kit Jc?

I'm well pleased, though it's difficult to single out the individual contributions, as I replaced everything but the speakers (Mission 753s) in one go. I confess I took a punt on the speaker cables after reading the WHF review. It replaced some bell wire (no, I'm not joking) that came with my first speakers in 1974 (I was a poor student and bought Wharfedale kits and built my own plywood enclosures - surprisingly good, for the money) so it couldn't be worse. I looked at the modest price differential for the biwire, and the effort needed to wrestle these pythons into place and reasoned that I wasn't going to repeat the exercise in a hurry, so to paraphrase Nike, I just did it.

The result: accoustic instruments sound like what I expect, as do voices, and bass notes are discrete and not just an aural blur. I'm well pleased.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts