Chord active Resolution HDMI cable - Any Good?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 2457

buzz_lightclick said:
gel said:
buzz_lightclick said:
Nope it's a more expensive cable, still £150 for a mere 0.75m here:

http://www.futureshop.co.uk/chord-hdmi-active-resolution-075m-p-9098.html#.U3MmWdq9KK0

The marketing blurb talks up the 6mm diameter so it is a lot thinner than the chunky Chord Active Silver Plus, so maybe that accounts for the difference?

That's crazy money! Just buy this one:

http://www.whathifi.com/review/audioquest-pearl-hdmi

I agree! I already have a Pearl and a Chord Active Silver Plus HDMI, I was just posting the link to the Chord Active Resolution as that is the HDMI that the OP was asking about, and wondering why it was so expensive!

I was shocked to see how much Audioquest charge for their "Diamond" "Coffee" and "Vodka" HDMIs!!! Surely people don't buy them?!

:)

They have more money than sense if they do buy them!

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
bigboss said:
How does picture detail tighten up? What do you mean?? :?

Instead of the picture looking like a puzzel with all the piece's in the right place but not put together, I'm now seeing the puzzel complete with amybe just a few lose pieces.

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
duaplex said:
It may be interesting for you to know that I have demoed systems costing 10k, 20k 30k and even 120k. All use HDMI cables that cost no more than £30 for AV.

Cool. Did you try any other HDMI cables to see if they made any difference? Maybe the better your kit the less difference a high quality HDMI cable makes.

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
gel said:
:)

They have more money than sense if they do buy them!

I got m 3 HDMI cables at the Bristol show as old stock and got the show discount on top £90 instead of £120 each so i'm only half nuts lol.

I wouldn't pay full price for them I haven't paid full price for any of my kit/cables and would suggest anyone interested try and find a second hand older modle instead of the new one at full price. Of course if they got an opportunity to try an older one next to the new one and felt the new one delivered a better picture and they have the money then by all means go for a new full price one.

Glacialpath said:
duaplex said:
It may be interesting for you to know that I have demoed systems costing 10k, 20k 30k and even 120k. All use HDMI cables that cost no more than £30 for AV.

Cool. Did you try any other HDMI cables to see if they made any difference? Maybe the better your kit the less difference a high quality HDMI cable makes.

It can be argued that lower the quality of AV kit, lessser are the chances of anyone noticing a difference between HDMI cables. ;)

Glacialpath said:
bigboss said:
How does picture detail tighten up? What do you mean?? :?

Instead of the picture looking like a puzzel with all the piece's in the right place but not put together, I'm now seeing the puzzel complete with amybe just a few lose pieces.

How did Expert Reviews test of HDMI cables where they objectively tested every single pixel not bring up any difference then?

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
bigboss said:
Glacialpath said:
duaplex said:

It can be argued that lower the quality of AV kit, lessser are the chances of anyone noticing a difference between HDMI cables. ;)

Nice :)

To answer the question previously. I have tried many HDMI cables and with one demo I had a £4 cable and one £400 cable. Each time I guessed wrong as to which cable was connected in a blind A/B test.

Spend the money on equipment as opposed to cables, thats my advice ;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts