Chord 2Qute v Cambridge Audio 851n

Hawkwind16

May 22, 2016
Visit site
I'm looking to play around with digital music and high res streaming. I know the CA 851n has more streaming functionality and connections, but how does it compare on sound quality with the Chord 2Qute ? Any views out there ?

My current system is a good mid range set up - Marantz sa 8005 into a slightly vintage Marntz pm8200 Amp and Morduant Short silver standmounts.

ps I refuse to shell out £1800 on the Chord Hugo 2

S

SemiChronic

Hi, both are very good at what they do. One thing to consider though is, both boxes are a few jumps ahead of your existing system. Its highly unlikely your system will get the best from either unit.

Im not saying dont audition/buy, but if youre not planning on upgrading your amp/speakers then personally id be looking for something way cheaper.

Hifi can get through your money faster than a porsche . . weve all been there/or are there!

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

I’d agree but take it as a huge pinch of salt that someone says either unit is unlikely to get the best from your system, when I reckon you could halve the quality and price of his streamer, in his system, and get similar results. On the back of amplification costing a grand with speakers under a few grand, you can easily reach a zenith of performance on something like a bluesound node 2 at £500.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Hawkwind16 said:
I'm looking to play around with digital music and high res streaming. I know the CA 851n has more streaming functionality and connections, but how does it compare on sound quality with the Chord 2Qute ? Any views out there ?

My current system is a good mid range set up - Marantz sa 8005 into a slightly vintage Marntz pm8200 Amp and Morduant Short silver standmounts.

ps I refuse to shell out £1800 on the Chord Hugo 2

I would listen to the Hugo 2 before making that decison - unless its outside of your affordability - in which case dont listen to it - meant in a nice way

Hawkwind16

May 22, 2016
Visit site
SemiChronic said:
Hi, both are very good at what they do. One thing to consider though is, both boxes are a few jumps ahead of your existing system. Its highly unlikely your system will get the best from either unit.

Im not saying dont audition/buy, but if youre not planning on upgrading your amp/speakers then personally id be looking for something way cheaper.

Hifi can get through your money faster than a porsche . . weve all been there/or are there!

Thanks for your view - yes I ran a Porsche last year ! Looking to mess around with hi fi this year ... I think my system will show the differences btw (It sounds better than Roksan K2's i bought a couple of years ago and then sold on ebay)- don't confuse the Marantz 8200 with the curent pm6006 etc

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts