Choosing between the NAD C715DAB and Denon DM37DAB

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm looking to replace my separates system but keep my B&W DM601 speakers. I've shortlisted the Denon D-M37DAB and NAD C715DAB as my budget cannot stretch to the Arcam Solo mini. A lot has been written about the Denon and its rival Onkyo, however I cannot seem to find any trade reviews on the NAD. Has anyone demo'd both of these and found discernable differences or has anyone got any opinions on what might be the better of the two ?

Any help/guidance appreciated.

Thanks

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Just noticed the flood of replies to your query! This question has come up before and I too was contemplating the NAD C715 last year. The Nad is not a very recent unit, and if it ever was reviewed by WHF then its now dropped off the buying guide. There are some user reviews for it on Amazon and they appear to be very mixed. It clearly didn't set the world of HiFi alight. The user reviews I've seen date back to Jan 08 so I imagine it came onto the market sometime in 2007.

The Denon however, has been well reviewed in the mag and there are several users of it who come onto these forums now and again. I have had mine since Dec last year and reckon its a lovely piece of kit.

I can't comment on how well it would drive your B&W speakers though. Most users of the Denon are using speakers in the £100 to £150 range, i.e Tannoy F1s, Wharfedale 9, MS 902i, MA BR1s, etc. Don't know what the specs or price of your speakers is.

A

Anonymous

Cheers for the response 8009514. I agree - it looks like the Denon is in the clear !

A

Anonymous

Guthrid, a friend of mine has a DM35 coupled with 601's and a BK sub (can't remember which, but it's one of the smaller models) and if that's anything to go by, you'll be happy with the '37.

HTH

TRENDING THREADS