choices, choices and choices who will help me??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
What should I get for my home theater fronts? at the moment I have KEF IQ7 those I would like to use for rears.

For the fronts I am in doubt about Mordaunt Short mezzo 6 OR Q Acoustics 2050i, both of which have 5 stars, only the Q Acoustics have been given an award for 2012.

I will be using an Onkyo 1009 amp

Also at the moment here in Holland the MS Mezzo 6 are in the sale

Help me pleaseeeeeeeeee!!

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Unless you dislike the presentation of the IQ7s, you are replacing them with speakers that are different rather than better.

What about staying with Kef and keeping the IQ7s at the front and getting other IQs for the rear. On ebay at the moment, you can get:

IQ 10 Still bidding

IQ 30 "

IQ 5....£250

IQ 7SE...£150

IQ 70....£250

This will give a more uniform soundfield....Centre speakers also available: http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=&_osacat=14990&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313&_nkw=kef+iq&_sacat=14990&_from=R40

FWIW I used to have IQ9 + IQ6C + IQ Dipoles

shafesk

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Like Cno said, the Mordaunt Shorts aren't necessarily better than the Kefs. I think using the iq7s as rears would be doing them a disservice unless you have a huge listening room and need the extra oomph or you don't have a subwoofer and need bass from all the speakers. You would also lose cohesion between the front and rears speakers because they will be from different manufacturers and have different sound signatures.

Star ratings should only be used as a guide to help you shortlist your demo options. How will the speakers perform with your amp? Only you can know that. It may not necessarily perform in an "award winning" way.

As suggested, it's better to stick to one brand of speakers for better synergy.

Ketan Bharadia

Jun 7, 2007
Visit site
It would make sense to stick with the same brand for the surround speakers. The whole presentation would sound more cohesive and better balanced Neither the MS or Q Acoustics would make a good match for your KEFs. I'd suggest getting matching a matching KEF centre, if you haven't already got one.

TRENDING THREADS