Cheap Upgrade for Marantz UD7007

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I have spent the last few hours watching some blu ray content I have seen time and time again. I havent spent a huge amount of time watching blu rays since I have owned and calibrated to 2.4 gamma the 65VT65 but needless to say I have seen these scenes on it.

I recently bought a Clearer Audio Copper Line Alpha One + 2 Super Supressor Mains cable for my newly built audio pc - the audio pc is just on the side for now while I am finsihing tweaking it etc so I thought while the mains cable is out I thought I would try it on the blu ray player.

To be honest I didnt expect any benefit or difference otherwise I would have already bought this cable for it - However the difference was truely stunning to me. If its possible clearer and crisper picture, more tangile image best way to describe it. testing certain scenes I thought I had seen the best Home Cinema had to offer at my system level (referencing previous images posted), but there is more to be had and for £40.

The end scene is tron from the air battle chapter was just ridiculous in both video quality and soudn qaulity - I didnt think that clarity, depth and general picture quality was achieveable at home

The sound has been improved as well, which again I didnt think was possible from the source alone - better defined bass, better sound stage, better clarity - hugely impressive, and I am not easily impressed.

Some people may say its placebo - thats fine please keep comments to yourself - I am posting to help people get more from their systems, especially this player.

I put it down to the super supressors which I would assume are ferrites - I have a lot of cables now with ferrites in the design and I think the benefits are very clear in each case that are used. I will be ordering another one asap / funds allow and thought I would share the experience

Points to make clear

* I have a very good 2.4 Gamma calibration on the display - this is the second display I have owned that I have found to be very sentive to small changes, tweaks and improvements - I put that down to the calibration - if your TV is not calibrated you might not get this full benefit

* I have a 2m exactly the same mains cable already feeding my 65VT65. I also have one for my processor and my power amp. These run off of several Tacima CS929 along with all my av, these make a difference and if you only buy one mains cable for the blu ray player it might not have such an impact

* I have a Meridian Front end where the video and audio are seperated early in the chain HD621 to prevent any potential inference from either - not like inside an av receiver so this may alter your experience / the benefit achieved from the cable for both audio and video

* Part of the Meridian system requires audio decoding to be done inside the player and not the receiver - that might be different for you and not result in such a big benefit

* I have some room acoustic treatment and only EQ in the bass region - if you have a heavy eq based system such as an av receiver then all that extra processing might negate the benefits you will get in the audio - I honestly believe eqing murders the sound in many ways - thats a different debate.

* This mains cable has a 10amp fuse in it - Darren at Clearer Audi said the 10amp will give a slightly better performance, but I am not sure if its 24/7 safe, I am going to check that.

* This is the cheapest mains cable they do with no fancy plugs just the basic ones, but the benefits warrant the outleigh if you ask me - I do think the super supressors are very important and for an extra £5 each are worth having both on there.

I am not implying people spend hundreds here but for a small outlay you can boost the exisiting system performance

davidvann

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
hi ellisdg, i also have clearer audio mains in my system,but in my blueray player i used the silver line optimus cable and it brought huge inprovement to picture and music to my arcam bdp 300,but on the day i got my cable my russ andrews mains block went kerput,so i called darren and he suggested the copper line mains block ,he had made for custormer that wanted supressors conected to each of the blocks and one just befor the star wiring ,the customer changed his mind,so darren said give this one a go.i got home and it took the whole system to a new level for me,i no the non beleivers will say im talking out back side but this is what i saw and heard.so if your ever in for a new mains block give this one a go,im allways looking to inprove to get the best out of my system, another inpovement that brings out inprovement for a modest out lay is l artduson cd dvd cleaner ,you can find this at www.analog seduction.com.im also an essex boy so if you fancy a ride out your more than welcome to come round for a listen.cheers david

TRENDING THREADS