Cheap Dali Zensor speakers - what to do??

fasteddiegr

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I see that everyone is showing the same bestsellers these days in my price category, namely Monitor Audio BX5, Dali Zensor 5, Q Acoustics 2050i and so on. Now back in my home market I find the Dalis very much cheaper but not the others so the Zensor 7 is slightly cheaper than the BX5s!

I've heard them all in a studio but not at home. My requirement is for mainly TV sound and classical music, never very loud and never with a lot of bass. The Zensor 5s sound very nice and are cheap here but should I go for the 7's? Are they better than the 2050i's? My room is 60 sq/metres.

I know it's all subjective but I'd appreciate some comments from those who are familiar with these speakers.

Welcome to the forum.

You don't mention what part of the world you are from but I would say that it all comes down to what you can actually audition.

The same speaker used in differing shaped rooms is going to give a very different response and then when you add in differing people listening to these speakers what some might consider good might not sound too good to you.

Go and audition what you can, if they sound good to you then buy them. :)

fasteddiegr

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Well thanks for the response although your comments are, of course, already understood.

Unfortunately I cannot try the speakers at my home, hence this post. I was hoping that someone who knows the Zensor 7's could tell me that they are a must over the Zensor 5's which I would have bought had the prices here not been so low.

I am in Greece where all speakers seem to be about 10% more expensive than in the UK. However the Zensors are about 25% cheaper than in the UK. So I am encouraged to consider the 7s and there isn't so much information on them on the net.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts