Cheap Cd player with DAC vs Hifi Cd player

Richard

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
-Cheap cd player($100) with DAC VS Hifi cdplayer(cost $900).- I'm hesitating wheather cost $80 cdplayer or $900 cd player. My system -SPEAKER : KEF LS50-AMP: NAD C326BEE-DAC: ARCAM IRDAC I already have IRDAC, so I would like to save money for buying cd player.But I also want to keep sound quality as much as possible. So, Will below systems have little difference or big difference.for sound quality? Whick system you recommend to me. system 1: cheap cd player($100) with Arcam IRDAC system 2: ARCAM FMJ CD17 or Cambridge Azur 351c($900)

Tomas

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
I use "cheap" CD Player (Denon DCD 725) which I have for over 15 years connected via digital output to my Rotel RA 1570 and it sounds great. I would go for IRDAC as you can use DAC for another gear such as Network Player, TV, BD Player, ect...

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site

Cambridge have a purpose built CD transport in their new range, due out anytime now.

Not going to be that cheap, expecting about £300, but should be an interesting solution. Depends whether you think transports make a difference or not I surpose.

abacus

The CD player itself will only vary in features offered and quality of build, the sound quality is determined by the DAC & associated components.

The best way is to compare the 2, as only you can decide the quality of DAC that suits you.

Also consider an entry level Blu-Ray player (So long as it has a digital output) as it will have many more features (Including streaming), with the only downside being a slightly longer load time.

Hope this helps

Bill

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
I recently bought a £17! Sony BDP 500 DVD player as Ivan at IPL Acoustics uses it in his Ref system for demos! It sounded superb through his speakers when i visited.

I have not listened to it enough or compared it to other CD players as I mainly stream and have been busy on other projects. Ill give it whirl tonight!

Will62

Mar 21, 2015
Visit site
I just bought a Yamaha CD s300 to replace my 13 year old Cambridge Audio CD player which bit the dust a while back. Pulled out a 15 year old Teac 1250 CD player to use in the interim. The new Yamaha blows both of the older units out of the water. I can't believe the sound I am hearing from the new CD player. More layers and depth to the music. More detail and also sounds or notes that were not heard at all or were barely detectable before are now present. Added a Pangea 14XL cord to the unit and that has further improved these qualities.

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Another potential minefield....

I use the DAC in the amp - it's better than the ones in both the NAD c660 and my Marantz cd63.

It's 'cleaner' sounding music is better separated and more natural sounding.

For some reason the DAC in the players bring on fatigue after prolong listening.

TRENDING THREADS