Cheap blu rays eBay seller

There's a thread over at AV forums regarding this seller, selling Swedish / Norwegian blu rays for cheap, of popular titles:

Battleship
The Bourne Legacy
Lorax
E.T
Prometheus
Contraband
Snow White and the Huntsman
Moonrise Kingdom

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/DVDs-Blurays-/617/i.html?_ipg=&_from=&_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ssn=daxearles

Interestingly, none of the buyers on AV forums or eBay feedback (33000+) have complained of fake / pirated copies. So it appears genuine. I've ordered The Bourne Legacy for £5.20 shipped. Will report back.

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
bigboss said:
How can anything ever be "too cheap"? So do you mean that they're not as good quality as those from the shops / other online retailers? :?
I think the poster means that the price is so low that he doubts the site is legitimate and he may well be right. I have bought a couple of times from Amazon Marketplace sellers who were much cheaper than everyone else and the goods never arrived - fortunately got a refund from Amazon. Should point out I have bought hundreds of items from Marketplace sellers and they are normally excellent.

hammill said:
bigboss said:
How can anything ever be "too cheap"? So do you mean that they're not as good quality as those from the shops / other online retailers? :?
I think the poster means that the price is so low that he doubts the site is legitimate and he may well be right. I have bought a couple of times from Amazon Marketplace sellers who were much cheaper than everyone else and the goods never arrived - fortunately got a refund from Amazon. Should point out I have bought hundreds of items from Marketplace sellers and they are normally excellent.

As I said, there are happy buyers on AV forums:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/movie-music-bargains-discount-codes/1754443-lorax-contraband-battleship-etc-ebay-seller.html

Also, the seller has 33000+ positive ratings on eBay, without a single negative rating. My blu ray has been posted today. Will report back.

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
bigboss said:
hammill said:
bigboss said:

As I said, there are happy buyers on AV forums: http://www.avforums.com/forums/movie-music-bargains-discount-codes/1754443-lorax-contraband-battleship-etc-ebay-seller.html Also, the seller has 33000+ positive ratings on eBay, without a single negative rating. My blu ray has been posted today. Will report back.
Your argument has merit, I await your report with interest.

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
bigboss said:
Alantiggger said:
bigboss said:
Got Bourne Legacy blu ray today (posted yesterday). It's definitely original. Watching the film right now. :dance:

I'm not seeing buy it now..... was your's a buy it now bigboss ?

I bid on it. Made sure to not bid beyond £3.50. If I didn't win one, there was another few hours later. Also ordered Lorax for £2 + £1.75 postage.

Ahh, thx mate for that strategy.... :) (bidding as I type...:) )

cram

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
I got The Lorax from this guy for the kids for £3.75 inc postage. Was dispatched quickly and the bluray plays without any issues

psurquhart

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Here's my two penny's worth.

All Blu Ray's are Swedish, Denmark and Norwegian discs - but they all are region free with English / UK audio.

Got the Lorax for £2 bid plus £1.75 postage.

Rapid delivery, cheap as chips. All Blu-Rays come sealed and look genuine. Plays perfectly, obviously after you have chosen the UK / English language. Comes with Blu Ray copy, DVD copy and Digital copy complete with activation code.

My Lorax digital version starts to load but then Windows Media Player link requires an update - you click on the link to be taken to a Security Update screen which requires you to press "Update". This did not work on my Sony Vaio lap top, so alas no digital copy that works for me. But hey who cares for £3.75. Unless someone knows of a solution.

Also got E.T. - Anniversary Edition for £2.20 bid plus £1.75 postage.

Plays perfectly.

Arrived within 2 days, factory sealed. Blu Ray plus Digital Copy (but the digital copy only has Swedish, Norwegian, Danish & Finnish audio - none of which I speak !!!). But again, for £3.95 who cares.

He also sells some freaky movie memoribillia too - which are definetely not so much of a bargain ? Dracula's full size bust figure anyone ?

Thanks Big Boss - great spot (as ever).

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Nice one BigBoss! Wanted to wait until a few of you had received your discs before jumping in but got Bourne legacy, Snowwhite and E.T today for £2.50 or less each...very nice indeed so many thanks for the tip :clap:

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
I've bought 15 Blu-rays from this seller overall. Each one was brand new and I've had zero issues. The discs are identical to the UK releases, so once you get past the foreign packaging (which isn't hard), what's not to like? Delivery is always very fast, too.

You just have to wait for titles you're interested in, then you're guaranteed a bargain as so many copies are available.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts