Cheap as chips USB C DACs

Timbot

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

I was rather abruptly made aware on a flight that my mobile phone no longer has a 3.5mm output built into it for my Sennheiser IE80Ss to be plugged into. Instead of being able to watch films I was restricted to listening to music on my Sony NWA45 instead.

If I listen to music then it would be on the Sony so that got me wondering whether anyone had tried the really el cheapo USB C DACs. And by cheap I mean in the 10-15 pound bracket. This would really be for watching the occasional film on my phone on a plane. As you can tell from the above it would be very infrequently, hence asking if anyone has experience of the bargain basement DACS.

clairelara

Jun 5, 2023
Visit site
The cheap USB-C DACs do offer good sound quality. However, if you are looking for the best possible sound quality, you may want to consider a more expensive DAC. The Schiit Modi 3+ and the AudioQuest DragonFly Black are two popular DACs that offer excellent sound quality. They are both more expensive than the Hidizs S3 and the Topping D10S, but they are worth the investment if you are a serious audiophile.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts