change of screen - advice please ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I currently own a Hitachi 42pd9700 plasma which I find very good but it has a strange screen size I think it is 1080x 1024 and I am wondering if I should go for a 1080p

My wife would like a 50" plasma but cost and the size of the room tell me I should stick with 40-42"

My current thoughts would be a Sony kdl40w4500 or Panasonic TX-P42X10B or Panasonic TH-42PZ80 or Philips 42PFL7603D

All these set have been given good reviews but considering I watch a lot of movies in HD and normal(divx) , but I also have a virgin v+ box and watch a fair bit of TV my question is would one of these new sets improve my viewing compared to the Hitachi ? and if so which would you recomend and why ?

Thanks in advance.

Bc.

Actually, you can view 50 inch screens from a distance closer than most people think.

Check this link to calculate the appropriate screen size: http://www.dtvcity.com/plasmatv/plasmascreensize.html

IMHO, Plasma TVs are better for any size greater than 42". They certainly look a lot more natural when compared side to side.

I think the best TVs for 50" are Pioneer PDP-LX5090, KRP 500A (if you can get hold of them soon enough), and the new Panasonic G10 and V10 series.

For 42", again Panasonic plasma TVs.

For 40", I think Sony is the best. the W4500 series have received excellent reviews.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the info.

I have to admit that when I look in outlets it is nearly always the Panasonic which looks the best. Although my pal just got a Sony 40" 4000 and that looks superb.

A lot of the older models are now becoming harder to find now though I have already noticed that the Sonys 5500 are ousting the 4500's.

Thanks again.

Bc.

A

Anonymous

You may still get a Pannasonic THPZ80 50" for a grand cracking screen and when fed with HD or Bluray its awesome. I watch mine from about 3.5 mtrs and is brill

A

Anonymous

Thanks Hilly10.I will have to see what I come up with, one of our local and better retailers has just bit the dust and I would like to buy from a store as I think it would be easier in terms of warrenty etc.ÿÿÿBc.ÿ

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Seeing as you already have a Plasma you obviosly like how plasmas look (as do I
emotion-21.gif
) in regards as to how colours etc are portraid so if I were you I would stick with Plaz.

What is you normal viewing distance?

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Seeing as you already have a Plasma you obviosly like how plasmas look (as do I
emotion-21.gif
) in regards as to how colours etc are portraid so if I were you I would stick with Plaz.

What is you normal viewing distance?

A

Anonymous

Hi

I would agree I have so far been impressed with plasma and will probably stick with it.

My normal viewing distance is just over 2.7 meters.

ÿ

ÿ

Bc.ÿ

A

Anonymous

John Lewis were doing great deals with Warrenty but might be a bit late in the day now

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts