Change current interconnect or not?

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
I have a pair of Brilliance Synergy 0.5m interconnect connected from my intergrated to my turntable. I have been reading and looking at various interconnects on ebay- especially Silver High Breed Coherence LE 1.m. It costs very little but if I decided to purchase it, will it be better than the Brilliance that I use now?

A

Anonymous

Not an easy one to answer..personally I havent heard either but the old caveat still holds true. The chances are it will sound different...but is that different better or different worse. Each will have their own opinion. Theres also the equipment you are connected to to take into consideration. Its unlikely that anyone can give a definitive answer....I think its just a case of take a chance and if it doesnt work, sell it on. I sometimes think thats how cable companies make their money....I reckon that a huge proportion of ther sales are made on a suck it and see basis......All the best in your experiment.......

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
A good answer indeed. It certainly is a difficult question to answer, as you said, experimentation is the only way :) thanks for the advice. If anyone has tried these cables, please feel free to let me know what you think.

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Nowt to lose for 30 quid realy ( well if you class 30 quid as nowt that is ). But go for the shortest you can get away with. If you dont like em,flog em.
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

I have experience with SHB Synergy 2, 2i and Coherence cables as I tried them all (long story why...).

SHB Coherence is absolutely amazing- i wholeheartedly recommend - it beat my Chameleon Silver Plus by a wide margin. Everything is a lot more defined. I don't have experience with your current IC though, so can't compare...

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
Well I guess £30 is not that much to spend really....I think I might give it a try...but they don't come in 0.5m- only 1m? why?

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Would love to hear your feedback, havejust "upgraded" from Chord Crimson to Chord Chameleon, whilst the bass and oomph have cetainly increased I feel that it is at the expense of detail. TBH for £30 I think it might be worth a punt

A

Anonymous

I have also bought some this week and searched google for reviews ... loads of positive comments ,,, found this forum discussing it in detail

http://www.hifiwigwam.com/view_topic.php?id=39025&forum_id=7&page=1

A

Anonymous

before buying these, check his products carefully, as he has different models ... I have bought the Coherence LE version which according to him is a limited edition ... here is a snippet from his ebay advert:

SILVER HIGH BREED Coherence LE Interconnects with NSV (Noise Suppressor Valves) - Last 2 Pairs 0.50 metre pair in grey sleeving. The conductors are silver-plated stranded copper shielded by a dense layer of silver braids, an excellent protection against EMI/RFI and insulated with a special material called Thermoplastic Polyester Fibre which helps in improving signal transfer integration, precision and stability. The pure silver plating is very thick which makes it hard to see the copper wires.

Coherence LE interconnects - a higher end version of the highly-rated, much raved about Synergy 2i's with a thicker signal and ground conductors. LE stands for LIMITED EDITION - only available on a very limited number of pairs. Please read below for the detailed conductor configuration

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts