Centre Speaker

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
Currently running a Mission surroud set up but I think that the Centre Speaker is letting the side down a bit. It's a Mission E3C ( I think) and it sounds a bit 'tinny' at times, not much weight to it. Any thoughts on mixing brands?? I can get an Epos M8 or ELS3C or perhaps a Kef?? Not really sure what would work and can't really audition any.

Any help would be appreciated!

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
I'm always dubious of using a different product range from within a single manufacturer when it comes to the front three speakers, let alone a different manufacturer. However, having said that, it is possible to find a tonally matching centre for different fronts, it just isn't easy (I know, I did it with my old Tannoy M1s a long time ago!).
My recommendation would be going to a dealer who stocks Missions and asking their advice. Hopefully, if they're a good dealer, you can then have the benefit of a home trial to test it out first, or, at the very least, bring your Mission fronts in to try another centre with them and make sure you don't lose the cohesiveness that the front speakers need.

A

Anonymous

I agree, it is so important to keep the synergy on the front 3 speakers. Timing and focus are so important.

Suggest it would be worthwhile to go to some good dealers, sit down and listen with an open mind and find a combination that pleases you.
Believe me it will be cheaper in the long run than trying to mix and match and remain disappointed with the results.

A

Anonymous

If it sounds tinny try lowering the crossver point on the speaker 10HZ if you can.....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts