centre rear speaker connection

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am presently running 6.1 on my Yamaha amp but lntend shortly to upgrade to a new 7.1 amp such as Onkyo 607 or Denon 1910 but have noticed that neither of these has a dedicated rear centre binding post. Where would I connect this speaker to?

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
I have just had a look at onkyo's website & on the far right as you look at the 607 from the back there is a connection for the center speaker, so not quite sure what you mean.

A

Anonymous

As far as I know you can connect the centre rear to the left surround back channel and reconfigure the amp to run in 6.1 mode as opposed to 7.1 , so you should have no problems. However would you not consider an extra speaker to take full advantage of your new amp ( even though 7.1 sound tracks are rare ) ??

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
It does sound like the OP is upgrading from 6.1 to 7.1. Make sure that the 'rear' speakers are connected to Surround Back Left and Right. The 'normal' surround channels are Surround Left and Surround Right. Thos speakes should now be to the side of the listening position, maybe a little behind.

To fully utilize your new set-up, select a processing mode like PLiix, which will bring your back speakers into play on 5.1 material and create an enveloping effect.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
I think the OP is actually suggesting he's upgrading to a 7.1-channel amp, but wants to keep his 6.1-channel speaker configuration. And as others have said, every 7.1 amp can be run with a 6.1 speaker layout - the manual will tell you which of the two rear speaker connections to use to ensure correct detection during auto set-up, and operation.

A

Anonymous

Yes Andrew that is the plan as I have looked into going 7.1 but am having difficulty aquiring another speaker like the ones I have. These are the original Kef 2005 eggs which are now seven years old. the only ones available seem to be the later series which might not intrigate with my other six Mk1's ??

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts