Celestion a2 / a3 comparison

Pickledonion

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone. Just wondering if there is anyone out there with direct experience of both these speakers, preferably in similar rooms with similar equipment? I have a2s currently and absolutely love them, but wonder if the a3 has yet more to offer. The a2 is the first speaker in 25 years of hifi swapping that can deal with pretty much anything thrown at them. The only tiny wish I have is for just a smidgeon more mid range. Coming from b&w 684s, with their torrent of mid, the a2s occasionally miss just a bit. I could very happily live with them as they are given their overall strengh, but can't help wondering. I have the a2s tilted back incidentally as this helps enormously. As an add on, does anyone know how the later 3 bar tweeter differs from the earlier version I have? Sorry to post about the celestions yet again. It's just that I think I am really getting somewhere near to what I have been looking for for a long time.

Pickledonion

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I guess no-one really gives a flying whatsit about these old things anymore. Fairy muff! You don't know what you're missing (or maybe you do and that's the point)! I'm happy anyway, so never mind. They really are the dogs dangles. :grin:

FishOnTwoWheels

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi, sorry for the delay in replying. I only joined up here today and the first thing I did was do a search for Celestion as I have the A3's and C3's and hope soon to be swapping the C3's for a pair of the A2's.... enough said ;-)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts