CDs best place to buy

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
where is the best place to buy cds

Ive stopped using amazon as ive had many cds broken or not turned up.

Last Saturday I ordered a bluray of rogue one from HMV and it still has not turned up so where is a good reliable place to buy cds

D

Deleted member 2457

Andrewjvt said:
where is the best place to buy cds

Ive stopped using amazon as ive had many cds broken or not turned up.

Last Saturday I ordered a bluray of rogue one from HMV and it still has not turned up so where is a good reliable place to buy cds
How about in store at HMV and get yourself a membership card? That's what I've done with 4K Blu rays and have already got £5 off my next purchase.

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Amazon and ebay are my main source of Cd's .

I have only had one problem and I got to keep the wrongly sent Cd and they sent me the correct one as well.

I sometimes use Discogs or buy direct from the artists website.

https://www.discogs.com/

D

Deleted member 2457

Andrewjvt said:
Bother anyone that recent article about how many cds are fake on amazon?
I always buy from Amazon themselves but I rarely do that now because you have to pay postage under £20. Last thing I bought on Amazon was a Gant mens jacket for £75 from the Gant shop on there.

Surely with CDs you listen to them on YouTube now or buy from iTunes? Surely you would get something like a Bluetooth amplifier otherwise?

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
gel said:
Andrewjvt said:
I always buy from Amazon themselves but I rarely do that now because you have to pay postage under £20.  Last thing I bought on Amazon was a Gant mens jacket for £75 from the Gant shop on there.  

Surely with CDs you listen to them on YouTube now or buy from iTunes?  Surely you would get something like a Bluetooth amplifier otherwise?  

I changed 2 months agonto prime so i can get free delivery and thats when it went tits up.

All of a sudden none of my parcels arrived or got lost, broken and simply never arrived.

Different driver service i suppose
I hate them now

beaker_07

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
I use Amazon for most purchases, music magpie is good value and good service and sometimes in store at HMV if they have an offer on Poundland/world is also worth a look

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:

99% of the Cd's I buy are second hand and taking into account my musical taste ( non mainstream ) it is quite unlikely they are fake.

I try to buy all my new Cd's directly from the artists website or at a gig so that the money goes direct to the artist.

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Electro said:
I try to buy all my new Cd's directly from the artists website or at a gig so that the money goes direct to the artist.

did they burn them themselves? or is it product of record label? in which case money goes to record label even if sold by michael jackson

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
lpv said:
Electro said:

did they burn them themselves? or is it product of record label? in which case money goes to record label even if sold by michael jackson

Many of the new Cd's I buy are recorded and produced by the bands themselves and they have them mastered and manufactured by an outside company on their own label.

Many other small artists buy the Cd's in bulk from the labels and sell them for a profit at gigs.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
It's normally amazon for me

but I have had cds from amazon market place where some of the cd will not play anything and the cdplayer thinks it's a dvd rom which makes me think this ones are fake .

so if I have to buy a cd now it's from amazon them selfs not from the marketplace but apart from that there is not meany places to buy cds now .

D

Deleted member 108165

I tend to use Amazon too but usually from marketplace merchants like Music Magpie and Dodax, not had many problems with either of these two suppliers and they're generally cheaper than Amazon, with a fixed postage rate of £1.26. But I also do a quick price comparison on eBay too. Magpie have faster delivery times than Dodax.

I've just ordered 3 used CD's from Magpie for the princely sum of 1p each, plus postage.

Discogs is also good if you're looking for something rare or special... that's where I do most of my LP shopping.

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
For blurays & DVD's we hire intead of buying. Watching a film twice is like reading a novel twice.

We have a Lovefilm (now owned by Amazon) subscription. On the rare occasion that a disk doesn't turn up or doesn't play properly after cleaning we report it and get sent another disk. If you have a better broadband connection than us, streaming would be an option.

chris_bates1974

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
lindsayt said:
For blurays & DVD's we hire intead of buying. Watching a film twice is like reading a novel twice.

We have a Lovefilm (now owned by Amazon) subscription. On the rare occasion that a disk doesn't turn up or doesn't play properly after cleaning we report it and get sent another disk. If you have a better broadband connection than us, streaming would be an option.

Not to start an argument, but are you seriously saying you've never re-watched or re-read and found more than the first time? There are some movies I've watched dozens of times. Again, not trying to be argumentative, just genuinely surprised....

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
that we can watch over and over again on dvd or blu-ray but there are some that I have brought that I have watched only once and have put back on the shelf never to be viewed again.

Going back to the original question, any cd's I buy will be from my local independant music shop (our HMV closed down at the end of January) or also from Music magpie on Amazon.

*music2*

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
chris_bates1974 said:
lindsayt said:

Not to start an argument, but are you seriously saying you've never re-watched or re-read and found more than the first time? There are some movies I've watched dozens of times. Again, not trying to be argumentative, just genuinely surprised....
The only novels I've read more than once in their entirety have been Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit. The only reason I read the Hobbit again was because I read it to my children when they were younger at bed-time. I've read sections of To Kill a Mockingbird twice because that was the novel for my English Lit O-level.

With films, you can always rent them twice. I have never done so because there has always been a sufficient number of new releases to get through. The only films I've watched twice or more have been ones shown on TV and even then, these days repeat viewing would take a very low priotity - eg watch a film again on xmas day with the family. Or watch a film that I last saw 30 years ago - usually ones that I think the rest of the family would enjoy watching for the first time.

When my children were three to four years old they watched Home Alone 1 and 2 on DVD forty times. They've long grown out of that comfort, repeat viewing phase now.

Life's too short to spend it watching films or reading novels where you know what's going to happen.

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Maybe the HMV mail order department is run as a school project? All the pupils have been off on their Easter holidays. Your Bluray should be in the post on their return to school on Monday 24th April. *wacko*

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
lindsayt said:
Maybe the HMV mail order department is run as a school project? All the pupils have been off on their Easter holidays. Your Bluray should be in the post on their return to school on Monday 24th April. *wacko*

At least with amazin ore order it normally arrives on the day of release.
Was only when i changed to prime it went tits up.

Very dissapointed with hmv

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I normally buy from Amazon, but I must say prices aren't as good as they used to be... rarely do I pick up an album for less than 6 squid now, a lot of time even sh is knocking for £9 or £10 and even more, but rarely have I had a problem with delivery.

Occasionally buy via Discogs and Ebay.

Mac

www.realmusicnet.wordpress.com

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts