hybridauth_Facebook_664715932

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Greetings all,

i have a clumsy brother who likes to eat while linsteing to music so sometime when i look at the cds he's been listening to have specs of food and grease on them, this undoubtly get transferred into the cdp and subsequently on to the lens, if i am not wrong .

Do the lenses on modern day cdp need cleaning if so, what is the best way to do it?

many thanks

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Animesh Ghose said:
Greetings all,

i have a clumsy brother who likes to eat while linsteing to music so sometime when i look at the cds he's been listening to have specs of food and grease on them, this undoubtly get transferred into the cdp and subsequently on to the lens, if i am not wrong .

Do the lenses on modern day cdp need cleaning if so, what is the best way to do it?

many thanks

The best thing is to not let him near your system or your disks with food.

Bradley747

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
im going to burst...

Vlad wont be happy with this post in the HiFi section

Please file under - "My brother is a grubby little man - what shall I do?" section

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
You can buy a CD cleaning kit. It's a blank CD you insert to clean the lens.

newphilip-1327956420-18150.jpg

Animesh Ghose said:
Greetings all,

many thanks

Unless he eats a greasy sarnie with his head stuck inside the player I wouldn't worry. When I had the Arcam CD73 my daughter, as a baby and toddler, used to get her mucky hands all over the drawer and cds and never had a issue.

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
I use a wet and dry brush disc regularly. (similar to the one pictured)
They're inexpensive and will keep the lens clean and free from dust build up.

They also have no adverse affects on the lens

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts