CD6002 owners

John Duncan

Just FYI, I read today that you have to have it set to Audio Mode EX2 for best quality from the analogue outputs, and that if you leave it on the out-of-the-box mode, the treble is harsh.

Apologies if this is a grandmother/eggs scenario or has been dealt with previously.

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="JohnDuncan"]Just FYI, I read today that you have to have it set to Audio Mode EX2 for best quality from the analogue outputs, and that if you leave it on the out-of-the-box mode, the treble is harsh.

Apologies if this is a grandmother/eggs scenario or has been dealt with previously.[/quote]

Thanks man, I just read it in the manual. Didn't know about this. Gonna try it tonight when I'm home.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Cypher"][quote user="JohnDuncan"]Just FYI, I read today that you have to have it set to Audio Mode EX2 for best quality from the analogue outputs, and that if you leave it on the out-of-the-box mode, the treble is harsh.

Apologies if this is a grandmother/eggs scenario or has been dealt with previously.[/quote]

Thanks man, I just read it in the manual. Didn't know about this. Gonna try it tonight when I'm home.

[/quote]

happy days matey , let me know your results please bud.

Tesler

Oct 2, 2007
Visit site
I spent 3 days over the Easter period hoping to convince myself that trying the CD6002 in Ext 2 mode sounded better then Ext Off or Ext 1. However I could not notice a discernable difference between the 3 settings.

I tried the CD6002 with my Pioneer A-400, and my Cambridge Audio 740a in the other room. Neither myself, nor my wife could really here a difference between the three settings when played through either amps.

I'm sorry but I don't get excited about the sound of the CD6002, Too much Bass and the treble is harsh, High Hats tend to have a (Tish Tish) sound rather than (Tiss Tiss) if you know what I mean? I also found that some instruments tend to get lost if there is too much going on at the same time.

This is the reason why last week I started a thread stating I was going to replace the Laser assembly in my old Marantz CD63se, I had 100 percent success in sourcing and fitting new Laser assembly and the correct kind of lubricant for the mechanism. I replaced the whole mechanism myself at a cost of £25:98.

Personally, I think the CD6002 is a long way short of sounding as good as my old one, and no end of trying to convince myself, or a quantity of Red Wine later is going to change my opinion on that.

John Duncan

Indeed, when I heard it I thought it was a bit tish-tish. I posted this in the hope that this might open it out a bit for those who felt the same (even though I recommend the 640c all the time
emotion-5.gif
)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts