CD5003 When, and is the CD6002 worth the extra?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I am new to this forum.

The CD5003 looks like a good replacement for my now broken CD63 but when is it available to purchase?

Also i see that the CD6002 won the award last year for best CD player under £300, is it worth spending the extra and buying this one?

Your opinion (What Hi Fi team) and others would be greatly appreciated.

I want to stick with Marantz as it is what i know and like, also after getting over a decade of service from my CD63 i think you get great value for money.

Thanks in advance.

Bill

A

Anonymous

The review is up today and I believe these will be made available early next month. Some web sites are accepting pre-bookings now.

The CD6002 started at £270.00 but can be had for much less now - the last time I looked, RS had them at under £200.00. The new CD5003 is now priced at £200.00 too.

Go for the CD5003. I think it looks absolutely gorgeous!

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Marantz'es changes from year to year are rarely revolutionary rather evolutionary. Which ever product you choose there's a good chance that today's 5 range is benefiting from yesterdays 6 and so forth. The result is you benefit from a 'trickle down' of knowledge and technology for less money though the end of line products can usually be picked up cheaper so it really is more a question of pride of ownership and nicer design.

A

Anonymous

EvilWolf:

The CD6002 started at £270.00 but can be had for much less now - the last time I looked, RS had them at under £200.00. The new CD5003 is now priced at £200.00 too.

I don't trust Richer sounds as one of my friends bought from there and has had nothing but problems. Would anyone be able to recommend a good shop in the Berkshire area?

I think i might go and put an order in, i can see a long wait for this CD player if it is as good as you guys say!

A

Anonymous

HI All

I'm new to the forum, as i just saw the pics of Marantz's CD5003. It looks awsome. Does anyone know when this will be in the stores to buy? Also where can i get one? I was going to go for a cambridge audio azur, but now i've seen this i've changed my mind
emotion-2.gif
While i'm on the shop, does anyone know if there is going to be an amp in the same style? If so is there going to be a review on this, and when?

Any info would be great

thanks all

Jurgs

A

Anonymous

Anyone any thoughts on the CD6002 v CD5003, both available for £200? Is newer better? Or does the CD6002 have something extra?

Thanks...

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:On sale in September, yes there's an amp as reported here, review of both in November issue on sale September 18.

Sorry to ask something completely different to the subject of this thread but can I have your advise on something pls. Andrew Everard.

I'm no expert in subwoofers other than only few I've heard seem to integrate into 2 channel system they've been paired up with. One of them is the small debut product of MJ Acoustics, the 50 pro of a few years ago which I was recently re-aquanted with. I read your editorial of the 100 in Gramophone around the time of release of the 50 so assume you've heard the smaller one as well. Would the Pro 50 still compare favorably to more recent products at around £300 or so (incl. Epos which is available discounted) and do you use/test subs at low or high level inputs (Neutrik) in stereo? I would be grateful for your opinion.

A

Anonymous

GregoryByrne:Anyone any thoughts on the CD6002 v CD5003, both available for £200? Is newer better? Or does the CD6002 have something extra?

Thanks...

Hi,

I have done a bit of calling around i cant find a store that has the CD6002 in stock for £200 the best i can find it for is £250.

But to get back to my original question (What Hi Fi team) would the CD6002 be worth the extra money over the CD5003?

HELP!!!! I am confused!!

John Duncan

billybob:
GregoryByrne:Anyone any thoughts on the CD6002 v CD5003, both available for £200? Is newer better? Or does the CD6002 have something extra?

Thanks...

Hi,

I have done a bit of calling around i cant find a store that has the CD6002 in stock for £200 the best i can find it for is £250.

But to get back to my original question (What Hi Fi team) would the CD6002 be worth the extra money over the CD5003?

HELP!!!! I am confused!!

Well since nobody's heard it, how can we say? Try Superfi for the 6002 at 200 quid though.

A

Anonymous

Just checked Superfi, looks like the CD6002 £230 not £200.

Somebody must have heard it to review it! I am thinking they possibly compared it with last years award winning CD6002!
Just interested to know! Before i make my decisions!

A

Anonymous

JohnDuncan:Yeah but none of us mere mortals who might spend money on it. And reading the review, I'd say it's not as good.

Offer somebody £180, they'll need to clear their stock........

Tried that, they say that the CD6002 is continuing until the middle of next year so don,t need to clear their stock!

A

Anonymous

Sorry for the confusion, RicherSounds.ie had the CD6002 for £199.95 about 10 days ago but since I've come back from my holidays it's gone up twenty quid!!

http://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=&Mode=0&CategoryID=2&sub=12&productid=728

I'd still like to know which is a better player even at RRP.

A

Anonymous

billybob:
Hi,

I am new to this forum.

The CD5003 looks like a good replacement for my now broken CD63 but when is it available to purchase?

Also i see that the CD6002 won the award last year for best CD player under £300, is it worth spending the extra and buying this one?

Your opinion (What Hi Fi team) and others would be greatly appreciated.

I want to stick with Marantz as it is what i know and like, also after getting over a decade of service from my CD63 i think you get great value for money.

Thanks in advance.

Bill

Can the what Hi Fi team respond to my question on which to go for CD5003 or CD6002, i will be listening to them next week and i would love to know your opinion before i do!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts