CD,s on AV Receiver

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I know i will sound a right NUMPTY ! But can anybody tell me if you can play CD,s on an AV Reciever, or do you need a seperate CD player . It tells you in the magazines how well they handle the music , but not if it is actually playing it itself.? Thanks in advance.

A

Anonymous

You need a seperate player. CD players, DVD players, Bluray players and games consoles will all do the job through an AV receiver, but dedicated CD players are still apparently the best. The main function of AV receivers is to convert, process and amplify audio signals to create surround sound, which is ideal for a home cinema set-up. In general, the more you spend on an AV receiver, the better the sound quality for music. However, if you are only interested in listening to music, you are probably better off going for a dedicated stereo amplifier instead.

AV receivers are very useful bits of kit, as they become the "hub" for all your equipment (TV, DVD player, set-top box, games console, media PC, record player etc) and you can switch very easily between all the sources and listen to them in surround sound. Depending on how much you spend, AV receivers can do a lot of other things too, such as upscale DVDs to high definition, connect to your broadband for internet radio, deliver sound to more than one room and you can even have 9 channel surround sound.

A

Anonymous

thanks piobob ! but what does the bd stand for in cd/bd player???

A

Anonymous

BD = Blu ray disc.

I have a dedicated CD player but am not too fussy with my music, so I use a PS3 for BD & CD..........good enough for me, until I win the lottery.
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

Thanks Rynehart "I have seen the light" I have a large collection of CDs and DVDs and want to get the best sound possible for my ££££s . My budget is a little flexible £2500-£3000 but that will include TV &Blu ray. I will not be buying for about another month so i have time to get it straight in my head before i hit the shops.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts