CD resolution

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

andyjm

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
keeper of the quays said:
MajorFubar said:
manicm said:
Laurens_B your post was excellent, and I've always said that error correction levels of cd players have been greatly overstated and exaggerated.

I think you successfully managed to completely misinterpret everything he typed. What he said in a nutshell is the process of reading data from the CD is so nailed down with various levels of belt-and-braces error correction that you very nearly have to shoot a bullet hole through the disc before you get unfixable read errors. (Ok not literally.) And a transport capable of reading the disc that perfectly can be bought from eBay for about £15 and comes with a short USB cable attached.
can you tell me which transport please? Thanks..

Clearly the Major was exaggerating. It is ludicrous to suggest a CD transport can be had for £15. What was he thinking?

In fact, a slot load DVD / CD RW player and burner with short USB cable can be had for £12.95 with free delivery on Ebay. 48 sold, 2 available.

I would link to it, but I can't be bothered with this forum's dodgy link system and lack of cut and paste support. Description is "External USB 2.0 Slot Load DVD CD RW Drive Burner Writer for MAC PC UK I" if you want to find it.

TRENDING THREADS