CD recorders - two drawer, e.g. Sony RCD-W100 CD

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Please I beg of you, for the love of god HELP ME!! For my obviously extremely heinous sins I own a Sony RCD-W100 CD recorder, like this one:

http://www.srtl.co.uk/srtl/sonyrcdw100.html

Fair enough it does make good copies. But I use it for mixing down onto from e.g. cassettes, vinyl, etc. And it's in this analogue recording mode that it's shitty, shitty limitations start to show up. For instance, it automatically flips out of record mode after a cewrtain length of time. Let's say 2 minutes. Could be less. So you're there, checking levels, and bam, it goes into standby. By the time you've got it back into record mode a fair few seconds have elapsed, when a level spike could well have occurred. So you have to go back to the source signal and rewind it a few seconds to...you get me.

Perhaps worst of all though is the bizarre and teeth grindingly tedious security measure that ensures you can't copy tracks from a CDRW onto a CDR. I can't be bothered to go into full details here because I'll just get pissed off all over again. Suffice to say that it's enough to drive you round the f***ing bend.

Now, I know I can probably cut all this crap out by involving computers and what-not, but that's not the way I want to go. What I want, basically, is a CDRW equivalent of the old fashioned twin tape deck.

Just prior to posting this I noticed there's a Sony RCD-W500. Does anyone know how this differs from the RCD-W100?? I'd be willing to buy one if it ironed the (serious) creases inherent in the W100 - but I'm having difficulty finding info online.

I also found a Philips CDR775 - so if anyone's got any experience of that please let me know.

I appreciate my needs here are more than a little dated, but please - I'd dearly like to work this way if at all possible. Thanks y'all! ;-)

steven tidnam

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
I can record a normal CD from deck a to deck b and through aux etc but can it record cdr to cdr ? my email address is steventidman@83100.com thanks.

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
I own the NAD c660 - I don't have the issues you have.

Check the manual there may be a setting causing the cut out.

My player records copy cd's, it does not record protected CD's for that I need a 2nd player connected by coax.

I have no analog issues such as yours so Google your machines - the answers are out there.

MeanandGreen

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
In my experience of 15 years with the Pioneer PDR-509 & PDR-609, is that you can't really go wrong with them.

They are single disc machines so you'd need 2, but they are excellent. Copying from CDRW isn't an issue and they have a 'monitor' facility so you spend as long as you like setting rec levels etc...

gortonandy

May 12, 2015
Visit site
You CAN copy CD-RWs but you must do it in the synchro record or "dubbing mode" and the disc must be finalized first.
Program the tracks you want to copy on drive A.
Press Normal Speed Dubbing, and play on drive B when it is ready.
If the disc in drive A is a digital recording the subsequent copy will be analogue; If analogue it will be digital but the difference is very slight.
Read the manual (p.22)
http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/4246076141.pdf

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts