Cd player

strimmer

Oct 22, 2008
Visit site
Just wondering if it would be worth up grading my cd player I have a rotal 965bx player paired to a cyrus 2 amp with psx my speakers are mission 753 freedom wired with qed silver anniversary bi wire cable, with cord interconnect, I have up to £500 to spend on new or second hand player if it would give me noticeable result as you may have noticed not the latest gear but still a very good sound

NS496

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
The Rotel RCD 965BX is considered almost a modern classic. I would keep it. What are you trying to achieve? You could experiment with external DAC's like the NAD 1050 or Arcam IrDAC, especially if you have other sources for streaming music as many people do nowadays. My 2c.

NSA_watch_my_toilet

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
As already said. The rotel 965bx player was a good machine and will probably be a very good player today. If you see the quality offered today for a heavy price, I would stick on that reliable machine if he not start to give signs of malfunction.

If you want a significative improvement in your sound, check the room conditions you are listening your music. Find somebody that could make you some exact mesures of "how my gear is sounding in my room" and place some few absorbers and diffusors. This would be 80 times more worth the money.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts