CD Player with Pass Labs amp recommendations

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi!

This is my first post here but I'd like to ask for your advice...

I was a proud owner of MF 5 CD player, preamp and power amp. I was curious how would a passive "preamp" sound in my system so I got Sonic Euphoria PLC Ti. The improvement in sound was fantastic... Soundstage improved, recording studios have an echo I was not aware of before...

Then I added Pass Labs X250. I got even more clarity but sound was very sweet yet detailed... It reminded me a bit of MF5 but with more grip... Now I'm looking to upgrade a cd player. I have Dynaudio Contour S5.4 speakers and Chord Anthem and Anthem II as ICs and Signature as a speaker cable.  

The music I'm listening to is mostly free jazz, jazz, blues, (mostly) acoustic folk, string quartets, organ works...

Any suggestion?

Thank you 

A

Anonymous

Thank you, hifikrazy!

ÿ

I'll go and check those... It's the same dealer here that caries them all!

ÿ

Has any one any experience with Lyngdorf CD-1? Or North Star Design?ÿ

A

Anonymous

Ayt, people!

ÿ

What do you reckon is the best CD player up to 2000 pounds second hand?ÿ

A

Anonymous

Let me tell you an interesting story.

I have had (since new) a Meridian 207 Cd/preamp. Regarded at the time as the best player made. Cost about £800 in 1988.
After a few years I spent another £400 on it upgrading the power supply, rectifier, op amps etc. Made it even more open and revealing.

Recently I copied onto my 250g Hard Drive of my Sony RDR 970 (£300) a few of my CD collection to see how they sounded. They were just as good, I couldn't believe my ears!

So before you go out and spend up to £2k on a player, do yourself a favour and buy a Sony 995 RDR, you will have a cracking TV programme recorder, up-scales TV to 1080p, and has high end CD quality playback off its HD.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts