CD player for KEF LSX

pukiiL

Dec 15, 2020
Visit site
Hello! I am new into all this Hi-Fi thing, I came from a beginner mini system worth around $100-$200. Recently, my family has given me the KEF LSX wireless speakers as a gift, and so I decided that I should also get a new CD player! Since these speakers are active and it has DSP, I assume that I do not need an amplifier and external DAC (and even a CD player with an internal DAC). Someone recommended me the Cambridge Audio CXC[https://www.cambridgeaudio.com/eur/en/products/hi-fi/cx-series-2/cxc], which is a CD transport with digital outputs S/PDIF coaxial and TOSLINK optical. KEF speakers have TOSLINK Optical input and
3.5mm Auxiliary Input? What's the best CD player option for these speakers in your opinion and how should I connect them?

EDIT: Hope some answers don't seem undocumented or ignorant but being new to Audio/Hi-Fi, all kinds of questions pop up and I need answers for them more or less.

Last edited:

pukiiL

Dec 15, 2020
Visit site
The CXC is no longer made so I would suggest a transport like the Audiolab 6000CDT and connect via an optical cable
There is a CXC CD transport in a local shop in my city, I can buy it physically, so there is no problem with that. Only issue I have was the connectivity... I'll check out the Audiolab too!

Reactions: Al ears

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts