CD player for DSP-AX863?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I've just bought a Yamaha DSP-AX863 and Q-acoustics 1010i 5.1 speakers (the room measures 12' x 12'). I have also put a Yamaha TX-761DAB tuner with it. My current DVD player and projector are far too embarassing to name (replacement of the projector will have to wait a bit though). I intend to buy a blu-ray player shortly - either the Sony BDP-S550 or Panasonic DMP-BD55. However, I also want to play CDs.

This is my first foray into home cinema (or even any sort of web forum, for that matter), so my questions are:

1) Should I buy a separate CD player or would playing CDs through a blu-ray player be a match for the AV amp and speakers?

2) for the CD player, I was considering the new Yamaha CD-S700 - it would match the AV amp and Tuner. However, I've just read the review! Would the Marantz CD6002 be over the top?

3) If I bought another pair of speakers, say Q-acoustics 1050i, to make it up to 7.1, would this change the answer to my other two questions?

Many thanks for reading and any assistance you can give me would be greatly appreciated!

A

Anonymous

I recentley purchased the Pioneer BDP 51 for about £300 and was very surprised at how good CD playback was,much better than my old Denon 1920 DVD player.Personally I don't think there would be alot to gain from a stand alone CD player at this level of equipment.Incidentley Im waiting on DElivery of an '863!

A

Anonymous

many thanks for your reply. BTW, my '863 took two months to arrive - supply and demand, I assume

TRENDING THREADS