Cd player DAC question

Nelis87

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, maybe this is a silly question but I am wondering.. I hear people use the combination tv-dac-amp a lot because the dac improves sound quality of the tv. I dont have a seperate dac, but my NAD C546BEE cd player has an onboard dac. If I connect my tv and the cd player with lets say an optical cable, and switch my amp to cd-mode while watching tv, does the sound get enchanced? Will this even work? For all of you thinking why dont you just try and see, I dont have any digital cables yet, so it is important to know before I wil buy those. Thanks in advance!

rainsoothe

hi. If it is a digital out connection (SPDIF - coaxial or optical), then yes - the DAC in your CD player will be processing the sound. If it's an analogue one, as in stereo jack or left+right RCA audio out type of thing, then it's the TV DAC doing the sound.

MeanandGreen

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
You can't connect your TV to the NAD CD Player. The digital connectors on the NAD are outputs, not inputs. They are there so you can connect the CD player to feed an external DAC, not to feed other sources to your CD Player.

You will need a separate DAC for your TV.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts