CD or download to burn-in / run-in new equipment?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Does anyone know where I can download an audio file to play on repeat to speed up the burn-in / running in of my new speakers and amp?

...alternatively a CD I can order?

...alternatively what genre of music is best for this?

a91gti

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
I`d just go with using the music you`re going to be listening to for your burn in then sit back, relax and enjoy. I guess maybe some more lively genres might be good for burning stuff in but depending on how deeply you believe in the process it could be said that it would be best to do it with music you`ll actually listen to (eg. if you listen to jazz why expose your kit to the bass and treble extremes of drum & bass?).

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Or stick a CD on repeat. Apart from speakers and phono carts (moving parts which directly affect the sound), I'm of the belief that any "run-in" is actually your ears getting acclimatised to the sound.

So for me, the best way to "run in" is to listen to lots of your favourite music!

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
fatboyslimfast: Apart from speakers and phono carts (moving parts which directly affect the sound), I'm of the belief that any "run-in" is actually your ears getting acclimatised to the sound.

Oh no! You have left this wide open for lectures from joel and AlienRik on how many weeks/months/years/generations a bit of mains flex takes to burn-in properly or how long a support rack takes to err... 'gravitate' (?) in.

However, I agree with you. Electro-mechanical items like speakers and cartridges need running in from brand new and the best thing to use is all your favourite music.

A

Anonymous

Thanks people,

It is my new speakers I am most keen on buring in and I've not even plugged them in yet (still box fresh)

The Denon AVR is still in the box, the Roksan amp has had about 25hours, the DAC about 100 hours, the cables about 11years and the 'hifi support rack' (£5 in a late 90's ikea sale) looks not far off being fully 'gravitated'.

I would just like to know if these magic CD's would burn in the speakers faster, so that 'if' my speakers don't sound right within 14 days I can swap them for something else (...not likely). It will also allow me to start looking into what cables to buy, eg do I need bright, warm etc.

I found the MA De-Tox CD and will put in an order tomorrow.

a91gti

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
You can also wire the speakers out of phase ( on one speaker + to - and - to + and the other correctly) set them up face to face, put a cd on repeat and leave them to it at a goodly volume while you are at work.

TRENDING THREADS