Quoman

Sep 23, 2008
Visit site
My current kit is as follows:-

Rega Planar 3 - bought 1981

Mordaunt Short MS25i speakers - bought sometime in the 90's

Arcam 7SE CD player - bought 2000

Arcam Alpha Amp - bought sometime in the 90's

As I have just celebrated a 'big' birthday, I was thinking of treating myself to a CD/amp upgrade.

I will keep the Rega and speakers (at least in the short term) - I play quite a lot of CDs and some vinyl - my listening tastes are wide - from Abba to ZZ Top and everything in between - rock (all shades), some country, pop, blues.

I also have a few special CDs - SHM-CD, blu-spec, SACD (can be played on a non-SA player) - so any suggestions as to the player that would demonstate the enhanced quality of these would be helpful.

My upper limit for my budget would be 1500 GBP approx.

Any advice please ?

Quoman said:
My current kit is as follows:-

Rega Planar 3 - bought 1981

Mordaunt Short MS25i speakers - bought sometime in the 90's

Arcam 7SE CD player - bought 2000

Arcam Alpha Amp - bought sometime in the 90's

As I have just celebrated a 'big' birthday, I was thinking of treating myself to a CD/amp upgrade.

I will keep the Rega and speakers (at least in the short term) - I play quite a lot of CDs and some vinyl - my listening tastes are wide - from Abba to ZZ Top and everything in between - rock (all shades), some country, pop, blues.

I also have a few special CDs - SHM-CD, blu-spec, SACD (can be played on a non-SA player) - so any suggestions as to the player that would demonstate the enhanced quality of these would be helpful.

My upper limit for my budget would be 1500 GBP approx.

Any advice please ?

If you like the Arcam tonal qualities, the best amp I've heard below £1,000 is the Creek Evo2. Creek matches well with Arcam (Creek Evo2 amp and Arcam CD17) sounds like a pretty tasty combo.

Both will come well within your budget.

Big Chris said:
What about the matching Creek Evo CDP PP?

Or for a mere £100 over your budget, there's the Exposure 2010 S2 Amp & CDP pairing.

TBH BC, I don't really know. I've only heard the Evo CDP (MKI version) in a shop set-up. But I would imagine it'll be good, likewise the Exposure but, again, not heard it with the Evo2 amp.

From experience Evo2 and CD73T sounds cracking.

Jumping Jack

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I have a roksan caspian m2 cd player for sale on ebay. Maybe you can take a look? Player is aprox. 1 year old and in excellent condition, apart from a small scratch in the display but that is only visible from closeby and a certain angle... Bidding starts from €1000, shipping not included.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts