CD & Amp combo for £500

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

Been reading the posts for quite a while now and you seem like a friendly lot so here goes my question.

I want to purchase a new CD and amp for my living room to replace my ancient Marantz CD52 (yup, that old !). I have a budget of around £500 for the pair and would like to use my existing speakers, a pair of Wharfedale Diamond 9.1s. The room is around 20 foot by 12 foot (carpeted) and I listen to a lot of guitar based music (indie / rock) and eighties music.

Having read the reviews and your comments I am thinking of the two combos ;

Rotel RA05 + Rotel RCD06 (on special so hence under £500.....)

Marantz PM6002 + Marantz CD6002

Any advice and comments are greatly received and appreciated. Auditioning may be an issue as there are not many hi-fi shops around my area (east Kent) - if there are other combos around that I should think about then please tell me.....

Many thanks and keep up the good work !

Rodders.

John Duncan

I loved the Rotel combo with the Diamonds, so personally I'd choose that, especially at that price, though the Marantz pair are really capable with the 9.1s as well (and some might say more purposeful-looking and better value).

A

Anonymous

Sevenoaks stock both the marantz and the rotel, they are a bit of a drive from east kent

http://www.sevenoakssoundandvision.co.uk/store/southeast/default.aspxÿ

In tunbridge wells and maidstone, but it is probably worth sticking the speakers in the car and taking them along.

Personally I preferred the rotel sound, the marantz felt bright, the rotel warmer and more gutsy, well when paired with the BR2sÿ

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
igglebert:Rotel amp, Marantz CDP. There you go... (seriously)

I was assuming a matching set. If this doesn't bother you then I'm with Igg...

Actually, if you don't need a remote, go for the Rotel RA-04 and the Marantz CD. Save yourself a few bucks...

A

Anonymous

I think Richer Sounds are still offering their Cambridge Audio 740A and 740C combo for £500 at the moment. I'm pretty sure they do a 30 day home trial on these as well?

A

Anonymous

Hi Lads Just read all and am lost, In my office (at home) i have mini Hi-Fi which is crap, RIGHT here it goes I whant a one peice Cd player, amp which will do my 150w speakers in ceiling and my 70w speakers wire conetions and a out put input? to go into my computer so when on Utub can hear through speakers I hope that clear not good at all with this kind of thing, Am looking around the £300 mark

Thanks Rich

John Duncan

Easy - spend a little bit more and get the Marantz MCR603 (£370 appears to be the going rate). Two speaker outputs (so you can route to ceiling or elsewhere), and various ways of connecting your PC to it, either using wires or wireless.

A

Anonymous

Thanks but one thing i had a look at the unit and the speakers looks like it a jack plug not wire and has it got a built in Cd player

A

Anonymous

Thanks but one thing i had a look at the unit and the speakers looks like it a jack plug not wire and has it got the (50w?) power

A

Anonymous

Thanks Lads got the marantz like it, But can you tell me how or what wires i need to conect to my computer (small jacks) to standerd jacks, or do the do a split so i can use my small computer or turn of and use big speakers when want more power

Thank Rich sorry bin at work 24 hours going to bed now sorry about spelling

A

Anonymous

Thanks Lads got the marantz like it, But can you tell me how or what wires i need to conect to my computer (small jacks) to standerd jacks, or do the do a split so i can use my small computer or turn of and use big speakers when want more power

Thank Rich sorry bin at work 24 hours going to bed now sorry about spelling

TRENDING THREADS