Cash in the attic . . . ?

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
. . . The new music room, amp and CDp has stirred up a storm . . . went in the loft this morning to retrieve the CD's I new were in there, I found well over 200 tucked away in a box. With those that I have been using over the past few months the collection 'hits the ground running' at around 300 . . . its going to be fun sorting the wheat from the chaff and sorting Fathers classical recordings from my more popular collection. Hopefully find some gems in there? However the really exciting find was two boxes of vinyl LP's, at least 100 discs, all stored on edge! That was a bad period in my life when I destroyed my record collection. However, I obviously had enough mental capacity to 'save the best', it looks like all my audiophile recordings are there . . . . . . in the digging about I also found some old money, silver 3 pence's, along with some old multi sided 3 penny bits, plus old style, large size £1 notes . . . :D That really does make my re spec., of the new croft amp to include a phono stage a real pleasure to look forward to. As Hazel said to me this morning, "you must get a turntable now" . . . I dont need telling twice. Just which one . . . probably the Rega P3/24? :dance: its been a good week . . . CJSF

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I know I've still got a GEC stereo music centre with Garrard turntable in the loft somewhere and quite a few 45's from the 50s/60s/70s that were given to me ...

... ps I'm not that old! :)

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
chebby said:
And what about those white ash veneer Rogers LS3/5As that you mentioned a while back? You said they were in excellent condition.

You could get a small fortune on ebay for those. (No hype. I'm talking £1200 - £1500 on a good day.)

No Chebby, they still have not come to light, although there is still an out building that needs clearing, not opened the door in a good few years? . . . all this mental regression activity has taken me back to that very dark period. If I could destroy 2000 + LP's (I skipped them along with quite a bit of other good stuff) I can only think thats where they went too? I certainly remember putting a 10lb sledge hammer through two G36 reel to reels!!! I was not a nice guy to know in those days, I did not like my self much either!!!!

But things are better now, its been a long haul and I'm copping. It was a great day on Wednesday, going back over the 'good old days' with Dave . . . I feel good about putting the toe back into the 'personal' hifi pool, I've already been asked to go back to my old commercial connections . . . no way, to many bad memories!!! But the discovery of all those records and CDs, was a highlight for me this morning. I now have the headache of positioning a turntable in a small room? . . . some would say stick with CD's and downloads . . . :doh:

CJSF

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
chebby said:
And what about those white ash veneer Rogers LS3/5As that you mentioned a while back? You said they were in excellent condition.

You could get a small fortune on ebay for those. (No hype. I'm talking £1200 - £1500 on a good day.)

I have given up on the LS3/5as and SL600's, Chebby, I was so mixed up at the time, I could have done anything with them . . . the memory regress I have been going through in the past week has been good and bad . . . some of the memories were very disturbing?

So 1995 to 2010 its a closed book on the 'dont knows' and the 'bad times'. Its time to move forward into a new life. Positive thoughts, I have a new valve amp to look forward to, lots of music to sample and listen to, Hazels life will hopefully be fuller in 2012 after the coming operation and we can enjoy retirement together.

I'm giving up my boat and sea fishing, afraid my health is not that special, not good enough to cope with rocking and rolling about on a boat, especially in winter, I feel the cold. Nothing dramatic, one is just getting older. Hazel will need more of my attention . . . life changes, best laid plans and all that? It will be nice to share more time with her, listening to music, taking pictures, a boot jumble or two picking up LP's and CD's maybe? Perhaps, grab the od days fishing in the summer on a friends boat or on a charter boat . . . but the weather will have to be spot on and Hazel will need to be well?

There is life after 65, I will enjoy indulging in the good side of my previous life . . . now, roll on the white van courier man with my amplifier

CJSF

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts