carbon

Cynic-al

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I put this on youtube when i finished my extension about a year ago. It looks a bit different now, i will post pics when ive got more time.For anyone interested type in scottscalecarbon

Cynic-al

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
watch

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8353/8392148316_0ca1b9f8fc_c.jpg

sorry about that. Tried a trick I use on iPad to post elsewhere but didn't work. I'll try something else.

Cynic-al

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Lhc, i know, its not ideal but i am sitting about 5.5m from them plus the missus insisted on the white av unit so its a bit of a compromise. You dont get a great stereo image but it does sound suprisingly good and the smooth Denon Ceol does tame the 'live' sounding room

Cynic-al

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi Andrew, they really don't , when i first installed them i thought this would be the case, to the point that i agreed with my dealer that i could swap them for stand mounts if so as i cant stand bass boom.I tried them with full and partial bungs but they were too bass light,so i run them bungless and they are about 600mm from rear wall.The only album i find causes any problems is Sean Hayes 'Before we turn to dust' as it has a really prominent upper bass but over all it has a quite neutral tonal balance.My son doesnt like his dubstep through the system as he says theres not enough bass.

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to say this, but if those speakers don't have enough bass, you are doing some thing rong with the connections...

And by the way congrats on your home decor! Love those white CM8! I Have myself white Excite X12 Dynaudios! 8)

Cynic-al

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
HI FI OUTLAW. Thanks for the comments,iv'e just checked your system thread it looks great and i bet it sounds fantastic,i love rega stuff.I will probablly upgrade to the brio r and dac at some stage having allready auditioned them when i was choosing my CM8's plus i don't live far from the factory,and that will allways factor when spending my hard earned.I settled on the Ceol as its so easy to use for the whole family without much compromise in quality.With regards to to the CM8's bass they definitely have it's just not overblown as some people are suggesting and my son has got used to his dj mixing desk playing through B&W Rock Solids and Big Yamaha sub i gave him.

D

Deleted member 2457

Your TV has a nice picture on it. My speakers are pretty far apart like that too, but looking at it yours could be even further apart.

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi Cyni-al

With a sub everithing is diferent... I have a BK 200 that some times i turn it on to play some modern music to my kids, they always drop their jaw...

I love to se their faces thinking, i have a cool dad... :dance:

regardering the Brio R it is a very good amp, it has detail and finness that you only find in amps abouve is price. But if you are going to buy just wait a litle more they are about to launch in the market a new Elicit, check it out. It has all the good things the brio has but more 50w under the hood , i'll bet your's CM8 will apreciate the extra power! Yes it will cost £1600...

http://www.homemedialimited.co.uk/rega-elicit-r-amplifier-announced.html

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
richardw42 said:
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8353/8392148316_0ca1b9f8fc_c.jpg

sorry about that. Tried a trick I use on iPad to post elsewhere but didn't work. I'll try something else.

8392148316_0ca1b9f8fc_c.jpg

I don't get it?

it was just a random pic on my Flickr used to try. I then re read and saw it was YouTube :).

If I could delete the post I would.

Btw, how did you get it up. ?

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
richardw42 said:
I did that :(

it came up in the preview box but not in the post

the only way that i can put a picture in a post is like this:

- press the html on the grey bar, and a new window will apear as HTML source Editor.

- then copy the html adress from the picture, in my case from Photobucket, and then paste, press update et voilá!

The same process for me to post links!

Give it a try!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts