Can you suggest a CD player?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

ryan4227:Cheers guys
I think I'm going with the cd 6003 seems to be great player as people have mentioned.
One last thing I've now been looking at cables and just wondering if you could suggest a good interconnect for £50 or under which will help her get the most out if this new player.
Cheers in advance
Regards Ryanid buy her a cheap interconnect, and give her a few gift vouchers for hmv or something
emotion-15.gif

A

Anonymous

Why not simply buy a TEAC CD-P1160? Solid building, good sounding and cheap!
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

Hey guys

I will look at those but I was under the impression that the cd 6003 was one of the best players for the price and also will pair well with Arcam A18 amp and AE Aelite 3 speakers.
Also I have Seen this player for 245.99 new which sounds like a good price.

Also thought I would go for a quality cable to get the best sound out of this player.

Cheers

Regards Ryan

Ps: quite happy to hear other peoples opinions. Also I wold like a new player purely because of reassurance/warranty.

A

Anonymous

Hey

Only problem I have with NAD I that I hear they are unreliable.

My nan owns a Nad cd player and after a month or two the draw mechanism started to fail and also she puts it on shelf nothing stacked on top.

How good is that CD player you mentioned up against the CD 6003

Regards Ryan

A

Anonymous

Hey again

Right ive nearly come to a decision i am currently trying to decide between:

CD6003

NAD c545 (possible reliability issues)

Music she listens to should of given earlier

Duffy, Adele, Micheal Buble, Meatloaf, Simon and garfunkle, Green Day, REM

(quite a lot of ballads and rock real variation)

So which would you reccomend

Thanks in advance

Regards Ryan

crusaderlord

Apr 29, 2008
Visit site
the Arcam cd73t i felt was better than the NAD C545 when i auditioned a few years back - i bought the Arcam and liked it enough to trade up a year later to the FMJ

A

Anonymous

Hey guysJust a quick updateI have now ordered the Nad C545BEE and also have ordered a pair of Chord Company Crimson plus to connect the Cd to the amp.Hopefully her system is complete let me know what to thinkArcam A18 AmpNAD C545BEE cd playerAcoustic Energy Aelite 3 floor standing speaker.Crimson plus interconnectHp Dv6 for iTunes music and cd burningLet me know what you thinkRegards Ryan

T

the record spot

Sounds like it could be a good one to me Ryan - hope your mum likes it - sure she will. Sit back and just enjoy!

JamesOK

May 24, 2008
Visit site
plastic penguin:Luke Kenobi:

Hmm, God quality for £250.

Is there such a player ?
emotion-5.gif

It'd certainly get my interest

Definitely Arcam. Either CD73T or 82T. For around £300 you could probably pick-up a CD192.

I'd second these choices. You can get a CD82 for around £150 on ebay. Will work very well with the A18.

JamesOK

May 24, 2008
Visit site
ryan4227:Hey guysJust a quick updateI have now ordered the Nad C545BEE and also have ordered a pair of Chord Company Crimson plus to connect the Cd to the amp.Hopefully her system is complete let me know what to thinkArcam A18 AmpNAD C545BEE cd playerAcoustic Energy Aelite 3 floor standing speaker.Crimson plus interconnectHp Dv6 for iTunes music and cd burningLet me know what you thinkRegards Ryan

Ah! That'll teach me not to read to the end of the thread... Hope she likes it.

A

Anonymous

Hey guys

Cheers for the support i think she will love it.

Both CD and cables are now on there way to me :).

Hopefully his NAD will add a slight kick to the A18 Amp i find it quite a soft Amp

Cheers Guys will let you know when they arrive. (Hopefully Tomorrow)

Regards Ryan

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts