can you mix different makes of pre and power amps?

Tear Drop

Apr 23, 2008
Visit site
Mixing pre and power is not generally an issue - gain should only be considered when you use an integrated and power amp or multiple power amps.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Andrew Everard:
Hmmm....

Climate change, world recession, the population/food supply balance, human rights issues - those'll do for a start!

That's not very helpful Mr E, you are the fount of all knowledge...

ÿ

Tear Drop

Apr 23, 2008
Visit site
matengawhat:is there anything i should be concerned about?

As long as you have heard the desired components playing together before handing over any money, no.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
No prob mixing preamp from Brand X with power amp from Brand Y, but I wouldn;'t mix preamp from Brand X with power amp from Brand Y and another power amp from Brand Z

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
electrically compatible? im planning on mixing mf A5 pre with two arcam p35 powers - any ideas if this will work? was thinking mf as currentl have mf cd player and phono stage xlps - want to get rid of that and use the one built in to the A5

A

Anonymous

matengawhat:well will let you know on tuesday - if it doesn't work can always sell the A5 on i guess and by the matching arcam. you have to try these things!!!

You can't hear them together in the shops, but you can home demo them both. On the same day. In your own place. Try it.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
It will be a bit like pot luck if you are mix and match pre/power amps although I normally do just that as it's more fun
emotion-1.gif

I had Cyrus pre into Naim NAP, Sugden masterclass pre/GamuT power, GamuT pre/Musical fielity power...the list goes on! load of fun.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts