Can you get a good AV receiver 15cm high??!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi team

Its time for me to go Blu Ray and I wanted advice on how to upgrade and future proof in the limited space I have and have not found a solution. My current set-up is;

TV = Sony Bravia KDL-40V2000 1080i and one HDMI

Receiver + Old Yamaha RX-V596RDX 5.1 which was good in its day but no HDMI

Sky HD connected HDMI to TV and optical to Receiver

Speakers = KEF KHT2005 eggs with replacement Tannoy Arena sub

My problem is my TV stand/rack (want to keep) has glass shelves with only 160mm height. The Yamaha is only 150mm high but all new equipment seems at least 160mm or bigger! I thought about a NAD Viso 5 as an all in one but alas not Blu Ray. I like the thought of HDMI and not millions of wires but dont want to spend a lot without noticeable improvements in picture or sound.I want to keep the speakers and TV, add a new Blu Ray and possibly change the Receiver if it is worth it. I use the DVD player for CD playback too so a system with good stereo sound capababilty.

So is there a good compact new AV receiver? or should I just buy something like a Sony S560 Blu Ray with analogue outputs and connect it to the old Yamaha and via HDMI direct to the TV?

Love to hear from all you experts on what might work.

Dalek

A

Anonymous

how about this, dont know what your requirements are or room size.

http://www.marantz.com/new/index.cfm?fuseaction=Products.Product&cont=eu&bus=hf&prod_id=3827&series=comp&type=avr

A

Anonymous

Thanks smmee

Never seen this before and its really interesting that the bulk of receivers is mainly due the S video boards! S-Video NOT!!!

Must check this out as I think it may be the way to go with all the HDMI inputs plus should be perfect for the KEH KHT2005 eggs.

TRENDING THREADS