Can`t decide Pioneer PDP-42XD or Panasonic TH-42PZ700

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Looking for a bit of help, have a mountain of reviews, magazines, pictures, ratings and been looking in the shops but still struggling. It`s my first plasma TV so i want to get it right.

My main worry is if i go for the Pioneer it`s not true 1080p and will it be future proof? i don`t want to pay out for another TV in a couple of years time. The plus is that it`s great for blacks and i do tend to watch dark films and will want to get a HD/blueray player in the near future. I`m also going to go for Sky HD shortly.

Now with the Panasonic it is true 1080p so would be future proof, blacks are supposed to be good but not as good as the Pioneer and this is where i`m wondering. I also haven`t seen too many reviews on this one.

So not sure at all at the moment.

Thanks for reading and appreciate any replies.

A

Anonymous

I believe, and it pains me to say it, that the Pioneer is the better viewing telly at this size.

I had the same dilemma as you but at the 50" size.

However, I defo wanted full HD and to get the Pioneer would have meant paying double the price of the Panasonic and my eyes wouldn't know the difference but my wallet would !

A

Anonymous

Russc, having read the latest review in what hi fi sound and vision, it says panasonic is great for HD not so good for SD, it also says the pioneer was far better than the panny even with its lower resolution, i demoed the pioneer but i went for the fujitsu which i prefered, at the end of the day its down to personal choice, not what magazines tell you is the best, i think if you have all HD then the panasonic is a bargain compared to the pioneer.

A

Anonymous

Ok ta, as i say one of my worries is if i don`t go full HD now will i regret it in a couple of years?

Obviously no one can give a definitive view but i wonder what the market has in mind.

A

Anonymous

We're all getting carried away at the moment with Full HD............forget about full HD and get yourself a good HD ready TV instead. We're all being blinded by science at the moment

A

Anonymous

Russc, I choose from the same 2 models recently and I went for the Pioneer (PDP-428XD I hope you meant). In my opinion, it is better at SD and definitely as good, if not better, at Full HD. Black is way better.
The only good way forward... demo the 2, or flip a coin (or the whole wallet :)

A

Anonymous

Russ, only your wallet would make you decide against the 428XD. If money really is an issue(and where isn't it?!) then hold back a month or so, try for ex-demo with full manufacturers warranty, haggle like hell, sell the house. Forget full HD. The chances are you will still be watching a lot of SD broadcasts in two years time. Your viewing future will be in safe hands!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts