Can someone with a Cambridge Audio 640R do me a favour?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there,

I'm about to buy a Cambridge Audio 640R. However, I live in Spain, and almost all hifi (especially the good stuff) costs more over here.

The shop I like came down a bit when they saw what I could get it for in the UK, but they were still €90 more than Richer Sounds in the UK. When I said I might have to order it from them, they said that if I did, the warranty wouldn't be valid since it wouldn't be in the same country. (And this price comparison is small; other models are sometimes much much more than their UK cousins' prices.)

Surely this can't be right? I would expect a pan-european warranty to be the norm these days. Or am I woefully and horribly optimistic?

The favour I need is for someone who has a 640R in the UK to have a quick swizz over their warranty leaflet and see if it says "UK only" or "Country of purchase only". I'd be very grateful.

I love living in Spain, the basic cost of living is cheaper and we go out to eat more, but it ticks me off that IT and HiFi are more expensive for the same thing. It's like a stealth tax; one I don't want to pay if I can avoid it. Yeah, I'd have to pay for shipping, but I'd still save money.

Thanks.
Will
Many thanks!

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
i can understand saving a bit of money but if it goes wrong how much will you save then in shipping costs by sending it back.i have a brother who lives in spain and he always uses the locals for all his needs,be it food building work or electricals.for what you save with a better quality of life surely the small extra expense and peace of mind is worth it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts