Can someone help me correct my mistake please

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Recently I chased out a wall in my lounge and placed 2 hdmi cables and one scart cable into it.

I have a philips 42 inch plasma on this wall with the sky+ box feeding it the tv signals.

The hdmi cables are for an upscaling hdd dvd recorder i am about to purchase and possibly a gaming device soon. The scart is simply the means to feed the tv with the sky signals.

However, I have made a mistake in placing a very low quality scart into the wall, consequently I have a good deal of audio 'noise' which is really annoying.

Short of purchasing a sky HD box or an hdmi receiver that will enable me to use the hdmi cables in the wall for the av feed, is there any way that I can improve the quality of the poor signal I am currently forced to watch.

If anyone has any useful ideas, this would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Kiwifruit

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Well, you could try this unit, from British company CYP. Its called the CS720PHD, converts Scart to 720P HDMI format video, and would let you use one of your existing in-wall HDMI cables to carry the signal to your TV.

It's about £125, and is available from Lektropacks. We haven't tested it, so can't vouch for quality, but it seems to be one of the few units able to do what you need. You can get a PDF of the instruction manual here if you want to find out more.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts