Can I use good quality home cinema speakers with my PC?

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

My PC is mostly used for playing computer games but is also used for watching TV and listening to music and I'm sick of using the low quality surround sound speaker systems that are available for PC's. I'm considering buying some Boston Acoustics Soundware XS 5.1 home cinema speakers to use instead.

I have three questions:

1. Are the Boston Acoustics Soundware XS the best 5.1 speakers available for under £330?

2. What budget amplifier would you recommend I use with them?

3. How would I connect it to my 5.1 PC audio outputs (the small headphone type sockets)?

A

Anonymous

Have you tried the logitech z5500? ÿPretty good for pc home cinema, although not so good for music imo. ÿIf it's an amp you're after, you could use a dacmagic to connect your pc via usb/optical and output it via rca to your amp. ÿOr, you could find an amp with an optical input and send it direct from your pc. ÿYou can toggle how sound is outputted under the sound control panel (3.5 or optical). ÿReally depends on what your preference is. ÿIf its sound quality, then i'd go with the dacmagic. ÿIf its for movies, then the logitech z5500 is pretty good value for money. ÿOriginally was used with my pc, and then for ht once I got myself a plasma, until I upgraded my ht system with a denon amp. ÿThe logitech for what it is not a bad bargain

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Although of course a Dacmagic will only give stereo, not 5.1. Yes, the optical output can be used to connect directly into an AV receiver to drive home cinema speakers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts