Can I use a AV receiver instead of AV processor?

Judge_death

Jan 3, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

for years I have been using a Yamaha DSP E500 to run my home cinema connected to my Cyrus 7 amp to run the front speakers.

I need to update my home cinema so that I can have a unit with multi HDMI plugs and other latest features.

what I would like to know is that am I restricted to using the same AV processor system which has very little choice, or is their some way of using a dedicated AV receiver somehow?

i can spend up to £500

I will be running my PS4, PS3, SKY, Apple TV through the system.

music remains my main passion so I'm not comprising on that front, any unit I buy must work around my main hifi amp.

many thanks.

his dudeness

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Judge_death said:
Hi,

for years I have been using a Yamaha DSP E500 to run my home cinema connected to my Cyrus 7 amp to run the front speakers.

I need to update my home cinema so that I can have a unit with multi HDMI plugs and other latest features.

what I would like to know is that am I restricted to using the same AV processor system which has very little choice, or is their some way of using a dedicated AV receiver somehow?

i can spend up to £500

I will be running my PS4, PS3, SKY, Apple TV through the system.

music remains my main passion so I'm not comprising on that front, any unit I buy must work around my main hifi amp.

many thanks.
a av amp with pre outs will do what you need,you will just be using it as a processor,pre amp,not sure if you will get pre out on that budget.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
As long as the AV receiver has the relevant pre-outputs you want to use, you can use any you like. Pre-outputs tend to be more limited on budget receivers nowadays, so do double check.

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Peter Tyson were doing the Marantz SR5009 for around £300+.

Im using it with 6.1 active speakers from its pre outs.

Yes. Currently £329 on their site.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts