Can I record...?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All

I was looking to buy a Panasonic PZ81B with built-in freesat. I have a question, is here any point if I can't record from the built-in decoder to a PVR? I have another question, in future when I buy a freesat box with built-in PVR what's the point of having the PZ81B - hang on, I've already got a freesat PVR, my Sky+ box!!! For £20 I can order a card from Sky (now) and be watching freesat broadcasts, and recording my favourites too!

I can't understand the following: -

1. Why Panasonic has manufactured a TV with built-in freesat?

2. Why anybody would buy a TV with built-in freesat, a HD box is only £120 or so and if you have Sky, £20 for a card?  

Anybody else concur with my thoughts?

Oh, the reason for this post was to find out if it's possible to externally record freesat from a PZ81B? 

Cheers

A

Anonymous

I dont think you can pick up Freesat with a Sky box and for those of us who want nothing to do with sky it lets us have a free alternative, which isnt as good as yet but its been great for Hi Def sport so far.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Believe it or not, there are a lot of people out there who aren't bothered with the ability to record TV (a number of my friends have no such facility). I do, but it's actually fairly rarely used (was useful for the Euros and F1 and I make sure Top Gear is on there, but that's it at the moment). Most of my spare time is spent watching films or TV shows from DVD boxsets, or gaming. So for people who might decide they don't want to pay Sky any more, they can get a TV with everything built in so need for yet another box under the telly, it's a great option.
If I was buying a TV now, I would consider one of these for the reason John's made as well.

John Duncan

Yeah, I'm often using all available tuners on my Hummy, so it makes sense to have a matching tuner (ie Freeview or Freesat) in my telly, but the HD content of freesat isn't enough to sway me away from freeview just yet.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts