Can I leave my hifi system on 24h a day?

Flatsound

Jul 22, 2007
Visit site
Hi all, Can I leave my hifi system on every day? To my ears, my hifi system sounds much better when it is allways switch on every day but I do not know if it will afect in long term its life or sound quality. I would like to have your opinions on this matter. Thanks in advance Flatsound

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Doing what you suggest should have no major impact on the life of your system, and should ensure it always sounds at its best. The green conscience bit is up to you...

Flatsound

Jul 22, 2007
Visit site
Hi Andrew Everard,

Thanks for your reply.

Of course I have the green conscience and usually I just leave on the Amplifier which is the most important part in this respect.

Regards

Flatsound

A

Anonymous

Hi flatsound

I too heard that a system should be left on all dayto keep the amp nice and warmed up but.. do you live in an area with requent thunder storms?

I live in Berlin, we get them all the time and at short notice. Was in my local hifi shop the day aftera nasty one last week, talking about the subject of fryed equipment when a guy came inwith a cooked Arcam amp - ouch! Turning it of at the switch does not help or with a power board with a switch, the chrge will jump right over the switch and into your beloved gear.

So now, i pull the plug and when i want to stick in a Cd, I warm the amp for 20 mins or so. Maybe a pain in the butt - better than cooked gear.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
15 mins before serious listening should be ok for most! (unless you have got a class A amp). save electric and save the world......c'mon people

TRENDING THREADS