Can I connect my TV into my amp ?

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi, no such thing as a silly question right? :p Can I plug my TV straight into my Roksan K3 amp? TV is Panasonic TX40DX700B.
For some reason I had it in my head I couldnt, without using the bypass switch (I dont know what the bypass switch does), but now thinking about it, I cant see why I cant just plug the audio out RCAs of TV straight into a line input on amp?? If I can plug my TV straight into amp with RCAs, does this mean the amp would have to be on for sound to come out, or would the TV speakers work when amp is off? (I cant imagine this would be the case, is this what the bypass switch is for?).
And on that note, could I also at the same time plug my BluRay player into another line input? This would be useful due to the audio quality of the Bluray thingy!
Thought I'd ask instead of blowing something up!
Cheers :)
Should this question be in the home cinema group?

Last edited:

nads

Your only audio out connections are the digital optical out and the headphones. (And a HDMI return)

so only the headphone connection could be used. And that I would not recommend.

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Your only audio out connections are the digital optical out and the headphones. (And a HDMI return)

so only the headphone connection could be used. And that I would not recommend.
Right ok cheers, yeah this will be what I was told last time. I was getting confused with the AV audio out then. Why would you have audio going in to the TV?
I think I'll try and incorporate the toslink out into a dac.
Thanks.

GeoffreyW

Sep 17, 2005
Visit site
If you have RCA phono outlets, try connecting them to your amp line in, turn the volume down, and try it. If it works, it will avoid speech synch problems.
I have my Pana tv connected this way, and it works fine, but you will need to mute the tv, because there is still a minute/small difference. Similarly, you could try the optical output of you have optical inputs on your amp.
It will also improve the sound, revealing loads of lower frequencies which you are missing using the tv speakers.
Good luck.

nads

If you have RCA phono outlets, try connecting them to your amp line in, turn the volume down, and try it. If it works, it will avoid speech synch problems.
I have my Pana tv connected this way, and it works fine, but you will need to mute the tv, because there is still a minute/small difference. Similarly, you could try the optical output of you have optical inputs on your amp.
It will also improve the sound, revealing loads of lower frequencies which you are missing using the tv speakers.
Good luck.
it does not have them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts