Visit site
Hi,

I've just bought a plinius 9200 on ebay (good price,
great condition, was too tempting). I'm going to be using my cd6se as
source most of the time but I was wondering if anyone knew whether I
could connect my ipod to it using my gq-24 cable or anything else. The
plinius website doesn't seem to give me any information. I'll try
talking to a plinius dealer tomorrow but if anyone here can give me
some advice it would be much appreciated.

jubair

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the reply Messiah, thats the cable, but which input do I use? the plinius seems to have line level inputs for cd, tuner, tape 1 and tape 2 but not for aux/mp3 like the cyrus 8vs2 I'm currently using.

Messiah

Pick one. They are all the same. (My iPod dock is connected to the Tuner input on my Cyrus amp.)

Although I expect you'll connect the CD6SE to the CD input
emotion-2.gif

jubair

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for clearing that up Messiah, I was worried connecting my ipod to the wrong input might have caused damage being a bit clueless about these things. I can't wait for the thing to arrive now. It's a bit of a gamble as I've not heard the combination of cyrus, plinius, spendor ( and kimber) before. It's the same combinations as the current whathifi high end recommended system (they do use slightly better source and speakers) so I reckon it should sound half decent.

A

Anonymous

If your the one who bought the amp at around 11am today, please ensure that its not sent by Royal Mail recorded!

Only covers £36 compensation should it get damaged! I'd recommend booking a courier through www.interparcel.com and using adequate insurance.

jubair

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
I've contacted the seller about his method of delivery and waiting to hear back. He seems to be an experienced ebayer with 100% feedback so I trust he will make sure it's well packed and use the appropriate method of delivery. But I see your point, it's a lot of money so I don't want any damage on the item whatsoever during transit.

I know your not a big fan of ipod's as a hifi source Joel
emotion-4.gif
. I find the sound is ok even without lossless files but not as good as from cd6se obviously. I'm only using the ipod during parties when I don't want people scratching and damaging my cd's.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Word gets round! But yes it is dependent on what sort of listening you do. If you're like me and sit and critique when you listen then the Apple will be rotten.

ÿ

jubair

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
I completely agree, for when I'm really listening properly and concentrating the cd is much better. During parties it's only background music and I'm not too fussed about the quality so the ipod does the job. I don't want a horde of drunken people rifling through my cd racks and leaving cd's lying everywhere.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
jubair:I completely agree, for when I'm really listening properly and concentrating the cd is much better. During parties it's only background music and I'm not too fussed about the quality so the ipod does the job. I don't want a horde of drunken people rifling through my cd racks and leaving cd's lying everywhere.

CDs make very good coasters at parties, an iPod doesn't

ÿ

ÿ

jubair

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
JoelSim:
jubair:I completely agree, for when I'm really listening properly and concentrating the cd is much better. During parties it's only background music and I'm not too fussed about the quality so the ipod does the job. I don't want a horde of drunken people rifling through my cd racks and leaving cd's lying everywhere.

CDs make very good coasters at parties, an iPod doesn't

Exactly lol

idc

JoelSim:

I imagine you will be mightily disappointed with the sound through your iPod compared to the Cyrus.

Cyrus CD6SE, £900 and ipod classic 120gb, £168. Even as a fan of the ipod I would be disappointed if the Cyrus didn't sound better. Now try this with your Cyrus.................................................

2620_1122358863909_morning-joggers.jpg

A

Anonymous

I connecting Ipod Touch 2G to tape1 of Plinius 9200 inputs by Y-cable, Ipods volume at 80%. Very good sound. Compared with BOW ZZ 8 CD`s. BOW is better, but not equivalent to different of price
emotion-2.gif

Interesting, wich CD`s kills Ipod Touch 2G for real money? How much does it cost?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts