Can anyone help with steaming please?

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
I spent a few hours last night setting up an Airport Express with QED CoAx converter and 2 cables into the digital input of my CDP so I can use the DAC.

Then got a family licence on Airfoil, then got Spotify.

Got it semi working on my Mac, ie I can stream iTunes and Spotify, but for the life of me can't get radio streamed because I haven't got the right type of MIME plug-in or something equally as unhelpful to someone who really doesn't like doing computers.

I was then advised to get WMV player for Mac which I did but not success. Anyone help so far?

Then I went through the same process on my missus' Mac so that she could use her computer to do the same thing. Airfoil won't connect to the Airport Express, says a Firewall is stopping it. But it's not as I have checked the system preferences and tried everything the Airfoil people suggest. To no avail.

For those of you who have seen my vociferous posts against computer music as being anything but convenient, there you have it. I was right. Damn computers!

margetti

May 29, 2008
Visit site
Lost me... not sure what this has to do with steaming...
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

Alas, diesel only I'm sorry to say, but it does have a boiler in it...ÿ

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Chris Gilson:Alas, diesel only I'm sorry to say, but it does have a boiler in it...

Thought you were on a training course?

Can anyone help please, and yes I know there is an error in the headline, which I could change and make you all look foolish.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Joel - one of the options to stream within Airfoil is "System Audio" - have you tried choosing this? This should then stream anything which would otherwise go out the speakers connected into the Mac.

3816598941_df5701c8a3.jpg

method man

May 18, 2009
Visit site
joel unforunatley u seem to have gone streaming and 'all appled up' at the same time john Duncan isnt around. he has all the same kit and is a mine of info.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts