can anyone explain to me how/why they believe speaker cables sound different?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
and i don't want to be told they just do, i want someone to explain how/why they presumably cause the same set of speakers to give a different sound..

any takers??

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I find the less strands the better. Never got on with these 'stupid amount of strands' cables like Supra, just sound warm and fuzzy. Always liked what Audioquest did, and the Cyrus cable from a few years ago - always got good results - tighter, more open, and a solid, smooth treble, not splashy or false. How do they sound different? I dunno, I had no hand in designing them. Stick me in a room, blindfolded with two cables of my choice though and I'll tell you which is which, no problem.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Not me, but my ears are shot I reckon.

Messing about last week I had my Van Damme cables hooked up to A, and 50p a metre 322 strand copper cable hooked up to B, and flicking back and forth between the two any differences to my ears were indistinguishable. I did the same test a year or two back with a different set-up between £3 p/m VD and £15 p/m Chord Odyssey 2 with exactly the same result.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
maxflinn said:
and i don't want to be told they just do, i want someone to explain how/why they presumably cause the same set of speakers to give a different sound..

any takers??

Can anyone explain to me why every thread maxflinn starts these days seems exactly the same? Thread locked.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts