Can’t find MA Bronze BX Centre in black

Feral

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
I’ve just swapped out the left and right Q Accoustics 7000i left and right channels for the MA BX6 and i’m Very happy with the result. I also want to swap out the QA centre for the matching Bronze BX version but can’t find anywhere. I keep the grills off so aesthetically I want to match the look but if I can’t find it second hand i’m assuming the current bronze version would be a good match?

There was one on the cash converters website but was sold when I made my enquiry. Apart from Shpock, gumtree and ebay is there anywhere else I should be checking?

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
wait a bit longer a see if one pops up on ebay etc (there was two on ebay a fortnight or so ago) or go with the current Bronze centre, the tweeter looks similar to the older model, the main difference being the design of the bass drivers.

*music2*

abacus

AVForums sales and wants, and also check with dealers, as a number take old equipment in part exchange, plus they may know of someone that is looking to sell their old stuff to purchase new.

Bill

Feral

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
but might just opt for the current bronze centre, not too different and should match given it’s the same range of speakers broadly.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Feral said:
only a year old and 4 years of guarantee left.
Not sure if this swayed your decision to buy or whether it was a passing comment, but be wary that guarantees on consumer electronics are often not transferable to a new owner. They're often just the original purchaser's privilege, unless you buy the used item from a trader who offers their own warranty at the time of re-sale. Check the small-print when you collect.

See here:

https://www.whitegoodshelp.co.uk/is-a-guarantee-transferable-can-you-still-use-a-guarantee-if-you-buy-a-second-hand-appliance/

Feral

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
I think i'm ok with Monitor Audio, the speaker is registered on their website and i can get the original paperwork so i reckon i'm safe with this purchase. on the subject of warranties the richer sounds warranties are transferrable so if you can get the original receipt then you can get your cash back in 5 years as long as you do that within 1 month of the anniversary date. Something to consider if purchasing used RS products.

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I'd put more faith in a used Monitor Audio speaker than a brand new el cheapo from Argos ;-)

So long as it works when you get it you should get many years of service out of a speaker. People usually only "blow" speakers by running them full blast. The other causes of damage tend to be dropping them, kids, etc.

Feral

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
newlash09 said:
I've also replaced by q7000i fronts with the concept 40's. Just wanted to know how you found the change from the q7000i to the monitor audio floor standers. Thanks

From a surround sound perspective replacing the L & R is so much more enveloping. My new space is open plan so although the 7000i were great previously and they are still pretty good i think the room dimensions require a bigger speaker. I noticed on normal TV viewing the centre channel does most of the legwork and i'll probably see a more noticeable improvement there.

I've just picked up the speaker so will hopefully have it wired in and room EQ'd tomorrow. I'll let you know how it sounds.

Feral

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
Given the sheer physical differnce between the Q7000i L/C/R and the MA equivilents the sound is bigger and much more cohesive in my bigger room. The best way i can describe it was that in the old set up you had a more sense of the sound coming from the direction of the speakers. Forthe MA fronts the sound now comes from the front of the room, the sound is richer and fuller.

The centre upgrade is more noticeable on normal TV, i don't think i would need to upgrade the rears for surround duties.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts