CAMBRIDGE AX 81 ATC SCM 7's

D

Deleted member 116933

Thinking of pairing ATC SCM 7 Speakers with Cambridge AX 81 Amplifier.
Any thoughts and opinions most welcome.

Regardless of what the specs say the atc’s are not an easy speakers to drive . This is one set of speakers that really needs to be auditioned. See as they’re up to 300w amps I think give indication of how there intended to be run

You either really love them or hate them ( hates a strong word, I mean not peoples cuppa). But many more love than hate. Bare in mind though being a sealed design and small the bass is some what anaemic and will come across even more so with these as there pretty insensitive.

Reactions: Cookie
D

Deleted member 116933

Best speaker match for Cambridge ax 81?

Hi cookie as said above it’s not really as easy as saying this and that would work. As with all things hifi especially speakers it’s not that clear cut.

Places to start are the usual suspects like kef and BW. I bet mission would probably be a good match.

But I think I’d start with wharfdale Dentons/Lintons and go from there really nice full sounding speakers.

All these brands should have something in there cat that should integrate with your room well and meet your budget requirements.

Remember expensive doesn’t always mean better.

Reactions: Cookie
Thinking of pairing ATC SCM 7 Speakers with Cambridge AX 81 Amplifier.
Any thoughts and opinions most welcome.
If you read the reprint of the Hifi Critic journal’s review on ATC’s website for the SCM7, you’ll see that Martin Colloms explains in great detail how they are an easy amplifier load. They aren’t as sensitive as some, but your amp should be fine for domestic use.

It is a superb review of an excellent small speaker.

Last edited:

Cookie

May 7, 2021
Visit site
If you read the reprint of the Hifi Critic journal’s review on ATC’s website for the SCM7, you’ll see that Martin Colloms explains in great detail how they are an easy amplifier load. They aren’t as sensitive as some, but your amp should be fine for domestic use.

It is a superb review of an excellent small speaker.
Thank you.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts