Cambridge Audio sound bright?

DavidNorway

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Is Cambridge known to sound a bit bright?

When i had a demo of the 650bd it was with a Cambridge amp and b+w 684 speakers,i thought it sounded great however my speakers are bright and more detailed than the 684.On some other threads i read Cambridge might be a bit bright.

Should i be concerned?

A

Anonymous

Which speakers do you have?
I would try moving them around a bit and see if that helps. You may want to reserve final judgement until the Cambridge has 50 or so hours on it.

DavidNorway

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for your answers guys,my post was not very clear,ive ordered a 650bd (not paid for it yet) and its a christmas present will collect it this week but wont open/listen untill xmas,i think i will have to make this clear with the shop just in case its not to my liking.

My speakers are System Audio which are known to be detailed.

A

Anonymous

I am not familiar with your speakers. Currently I am driving my B&W 805s speakers with a Cambridge 640A. Although it is really not the right amp for those speakers it does sound quite good - and not overly bright at all.

SteveR750

About 4-5 years ago I upgraded my NAD3130 Sherwood CD player for the CA 640 Azur CDP and amp. I'm afraid I had them for less than a week, and replaced them with a NAD C352 / 542 which I then kept until last year's upgrade. I found them too lean, not necessarily bright, just lacking that last bit of slam. I find Cyrus stuff has a similar tonal balance to me ears, I prefer something more lush and bigger sounding. Not the most sophisticated of adjectives I know but it's the best I can come up with right now.

DavidNorway

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Thanks SteveR750

Your past experience is a small worry to me as im to collect the 650 this week,i really thought it was the right bit of kit for my system.I might ask if i can demo it at home with my other kit.if it turns out that its not the right kit for me then i have to start looking again,how is the Denon sound?they have a new model 1611ud thats due release next month,maybe thats an option?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts